Need a Taotao Quantum 150 Muffler

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Guys,

My Taotao Quantum 150 Exhaust Muffler has lasted just over a year (lol) but now sounds like a badly-tuned Harley. The little internal end-pipe actually rusted off, lol. I contacted Eagle Parts but they have NONE and say they have no ETA since they're on back-order. Of course...

So I'm wondering, the stock muffler is kinda crappy anyway, so is there a better one I can get for the Quantum 150 that will fit? Or am I stuck with waiting for a stock one to come in?

Thanks in advance!

Posted

Guys,

My Taotao Quantum 150 Exhaust Muffler has lasted just over a year (lol) but now sounds like a badly-tuned Harley. The little internal end-pipe actually rusted off, lol. I contacted Eagle Parts but they have NONE and say they have no ETA since they're on back-order. Of course...

So I'm wondering, the stock muffler is kinda crappy anyway, so is there a better one I can get for the Quantum 150 that will fit? Or am I stuck with waiting for a stock one to come in?

Thanks in advance!

Heya Tex, did you get a muffler yet? 

Posted (edited)

Here we go, I went and snapped some pictures of the one I have.

Note the Oxygen sensor bung (port)..... 

I install a bung on every exhaust I own. In my opinion, every scooter should come from the factory with an O2 sensor.... These engines run great when tuned correctly! :rockon: 

TaoTao_Quantum_Tour_Exhaust_01.jpg

TaoTao_Quantum_Tour_Exhaust_02.jpg

TaoTao_Quantum_Tour_Exhaust_03.jpg

Edited by DMartin95

Posted

Thanks Dan, I PM you. 👍

Posted

Thanks Dan, I PM you. 👍

Got it.....

BTW, A couple of notes.... If I were you, I would buy a can of this stuff - LINK and spray the bung area.... It's great paint for exhaust and the flat black blends the colors as one. I use it all the time on exhaust, but right now I'm out.... But if you do not paint it, it will rust very quickly.  And while I'm on the subject, the copper washer you see is actually a "copper crush ring"... They're use once (they create a seal) so I have not tightened it down (you may want to remove the ring for painting).... Use 7/8 to tighten.... If you want, I can do it for you, but like I said, they're use once (but cheap at like 15 cents each, LOL) 

And note on the exhaust manifold, I will dissemble for shipping so when you put the manifold back on the muffler, I strongly, STRONGLY advise high strength loctite. Do not use high strength on the 02 bung cap as that is something you may want to take back out to use a sensor. Use the regular/low strength stuff on the bung. 

Posted

Thanks for the tip, Dan, that's good to know. Yeah I think that's the problem with mine - it's all rusted inside. I can tighten down the copper washer, that should be fine. Thanks for the advice on the loctite!

Posted

Hey Dan, so I finally received the muffler today - the usps decided to delay the delivery by sending it to the wrong post office lol. Anyway, it arrived in perfect condition today. Went on no problem, and now she's purring like a kitten again! Thanks so much! Also changed the engine oil, gear oil, spark plug, and put air in the tires, and tightened some bolts - it was the 3000 km service lol.

new_muffler.JPG

new_muffler.mp4

2 people like this

Posted

Btw, I kept my original pipe on there since it's still good and I didn't wanna mess up the gasket on the engine side which I replaced not long ago, if you remember. So I am keeping the pipe you sold me as a spare. Also, I don't have an O2 sensor and I also realized that my carb can't be adjusted anyway - all the adjustment screws are covered with brass caps to stop you changing the settings. This is done due to the EPA if I remember correctly, in order to make the chinese carb compliant with our EPA regulations. Anyway, so I have a spare pipe and the gaskets you included (thanks for that, btw!) so I am good for parts if I ever have another issue with the pipe. :)

Thanks again, Dan!