Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Yamaha RS110 F for outside of the city

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi, I moved from the States to the Philippines after I retired and ride my Demak 150 scooter around quite a bit. It's getting older though so I picked up this little Yamaha basic motorcycle to ride when I go on longer trips out of town. It goes fast enough for the roads here and is better on the gravel roads and streets you often find here. I do still prefer my scooter in the heavy rush hour traffic though. This 3rd world driving can be hecktic to say the least. The most common bikes here are 125cc underbones with automatic clutch and 4 or 5 gears. I have noticed a lot more scooters recently, they are really starting to catch on here as of late. Not too many Chinese scooters though, mostly the Japanese brands. So here's a couple of pics of my Yamaha (made in India), cost me under $1,000. USD

IMG_20160923_144441566.jpg

IMG_20160923_153434177.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Lots of those around here in Costa Rica as well, here they are called the Yamaha Crux, they are simple machines, reliable as hell, and easy to drive; it is a lot of bike for the money it costs. People mod them a lot, big bores, loud exhausts, lower ground clearance, among other things.

Edited by ricardoguitars

Posted

Yes, it is the same as the Crux in India. They are simple, no electric start, no fuel gauge, not even a tac. Only a 4 speed too, but known to be reliable here and called a gas saver. It even came with sidecar mounts and many here are used as a tricycle and haul 6 people around town all day long. I find the side racks that came on it to be very useful at times.

IMG_20171008_112755924.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Look at this one, build by a local guy, 11.650 on the 1/4 mile, bored up to 200cc.

Edited by ricardoguitars

Posted

Thanks for telling me about the Crux.  I didn't get an owners manual with my RS 110f  and couldn't find one to download so I downloaded tht Crux owners manual and at least now I know what weight oil it takes.  The Yamaha shop here sold me 20-50 but the book says 20-40. It probably doesnt make much difference but I do like to follow factory recommendations when possible. That reminds me,  I put 10-40 in my scooter and its supposed to take 15-40, oh well,  no big difference,  the important thing is that it has clean oil now.  I'll try to get it right next time haha. Thanks again. 

1 person likes this