Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Glixal 170cc Big Bore Kit

7 posts in this topic

Posted

I know, I know it isn't a Taida or NYC big bore kit but I have a question about the Glixal. Has anyone been able to install this kit on a 150cc without having to bore out the case? I know the difference in quality but if they are all 61mm pistons why would one fit but not the other? I have heard that some people have purchased this kit without having to bore out the case. I was hoping that my Tao Tao Lancer 150 was one that didn't have to be bored.

Posted

Well after a little research I answered my own question, The Glixal's outer sleeve d. is 65, so boring is a must. Not doing all that, so I just purchased the Taida 61mm (block a) from MartinMopeds.com. At 62.7mm it should slide right in. I know Dan swears by Taida, just hoping that sleeve holds up.

Posted

Hey there Kachi's Kid, welcome to the forum, I have a 125cc A block, and first used a Glixal big bore kit without having to machine to take me up to 155cc, but the kit was designed to be installed without boring the case. I had great success with the kit, I ran it for months till one day the case bolts loosened from vibration and lost all the oil. It wasn't any fault of the Glixal kit. I had to replace the cylinder and piston though, everything got destroyed.

I replaced with a drop in Taida 155cc, and it is great. I also got a matching performance head to go with the cylinder with larger valves and runners, it is well worth the money. I've been running this combo for a few months now and pound on the engine daily. I run at WOT for around 15 to 20 mins to and from work, between 90-100km/hr. and the cylinder and head take it really well. 

I may move up to a 61mm kit in the future, but considering I have the smaller A block, I will have a thinner skirt than what you have with your B block, reliability may become an issue in my case considering the riding conditions. 

Posted

You should be fine with the Taida product.

Keep us posted with your build. pictures would be great..

:cheers:   Cheers..

Posted

Just got my 61mm Taida today, looking forward to installing it soon.

20180205_144649(0).jpg

Posted

Looking forward to seeing it go into place!

Posted

NICE!!!  Taida is the best