Who will get you your stuff, and who doesn't care!

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey ladies and gents,

I just wanted to give a shout out to Dan and shop.martinmopeds.com on there service alone. I woke up early this morning knowing I need a None EGR Type valve cover, placed the order at 5:53am. and the shipping label was created at 6:45am. Now that my friends is SERVICE! Not to mention that the 61mm big bore kit got here in like 3 days, with free shipping, WTF? Now in full disclosure mode I do live in Michigan also, but still...The reason I bring this to everyone's attention is not to blow smoke up Dan's tailpipe, but just yesterday I completed a 2 month nightmare with another company for a part that costed a total of $10. Still haven't gotten the correct part from this aforementioned company. I don't want to spin my wheels or waste people's time but I would like to share my experiences with this issue and help anyone from falling into the same trap I got caught in. We all know Chewbecca should have left the meat alone, but he was hungry...If there is interest just to let you know, I name names.

2 people like this

Posted

That's a lesson for those who shop for price only.Great service and service after the sale are hard to put a price tag on until you need it.

1 person likes this

Posted

I've learned this the hard way, you pay peanuts you get junk, now I would much rather pay for a quality item, love the no tax and free shipping, I use it lots in AZ, at home you very seldom get that it's the commie government in Canada hahahaha

1 person likes this

Posted

The old adage the “sour taste of getting cheap low quality part(s) is there much longer than the sweet taste of the low buck deal”,,, fair priced parts are actually cheaper in the long run,,, I get it in what I do ,,, I call clients after I do a bid on a job,,, some say “you’re (me) way out of line,,, Jose and hoseB are going to do it for about half of your bid”,, I say good luck,,, then I get the call a month later,,” you need to come see what they did !” I say I’m cheaper!!! their price is them and me to fix it,,, my price is done once and it goes into a magazine,,,,  ( for this crew on dans garage see what’s coming up on tv soon,,, check all the wood that’s on camera during the academy awards,,, that’s all me,, and my crew of course  but it’s a whole different animal)

1 person likes this

Posted

Dan is the man, nothing like personalized service, that's why I stay away from big chain businesses, you don't want to deal with an underpaid clerk doing a bad job, wishing for the end of it's shift to get the hell out of there, not giving a damn if you are satisfied with the deal.

Posted

Cyborg your a freeeekin arteeest,  good on ya. 

Posted

Everyone who answered I totally agree with you when it comes to getting cheap parts. Also I realize that Chinese scooter panels was going to be a challenge, but this was paying "top dollar" or incorrect parts. I much rather deal with a company who actually has the parts in their possession then dealing with a company dealing with a 3rd party vendor. I deal with Amazon a lot you can trust them to get you your stuff. I not really digging these places that you can't return the racing parts once purchased.

Maybe I'm just unlucky, even the part I just got from Martin's shop had some imperfections. Would you use a dremel or a file to repair this?

20180213_095739.jpg

20180213_095757.jpg

Posted

I've got a really good dremel ,so I would go with that.

Posted (edited)

That isn't the fault of the seller, regardless of who it is. That is, plain and simple, the type of thing you have to expect when dealing with china manufactured parts. Some things are a given on Chinese scoots, ie., brittle plastics, casting flashing, poor wiring and connections,etc. Not trying to be a smart ass but If you've got a dremel and a steady hand, that should take all of less than a minute to fix.

Edited by minimac