Cranking no start gy6

15 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi, scooter doesnt want to start. Has fresh gas, getting fuel and spark. Compression is good. Valves are adjusted correctly. Only started with starter fluid, ran for 2 seconds.

Upgrades are ncy 61mm bolt on kit with ncy 61mm head. Exhaust, 26mm carb, blue cdi and ncy coil.

Posted (edited)

If she starts and runs on Stater fluid for a few seconds that tells you she's not getting fuel.

The other thing with starter fluid have you confirmed with a Compression gauge your Compression?

How much starter cranking have you had to do to get her to start with the upgrades?

Edited by pistonguy

Posted

Hi, there is fuel in the fuel line , filter, and carb. What is good compression numbers for the motor? 

Posted

Above 100psi it should be enough to start, but good compression for a new head should be a lot higher.

Posted (edited)

Hi, there is fuel in the fuel line , filter, and carb. What is good compression numbers for the motor? 

Your introducing starter fluid as fuel and she fires and once that fuel introduced is used up it dies, so gas is not getting into the engine.

You can introduce a small amount of gas directly into the port if ya have the carb off and she should fire right up with no carb on.

Good luck..

Edited by pistonguy

Posted

Yup piston sounds right on the money, do you have another carb kicking around that you know is good that you can try, just for a test, when you turn it over pull the spark plug and see if it's at least wet with gas.

Posted

Did compression test, its at 190psi

Posted (edited)

Did compression test, its at 190psi

Ok great you have Tons of compression

Are you still running a fuel pump?

Check gas cap vent

Edited by pistonguy

Posted

Sounds to me as if the float in the carb isn't allowing fuel to flow, if all else is good.

Posted

I'd be suspect of the carb like Mac says,,,if it lites with ether then it's a fuel delivery problem

Posted

Cleaned carb, no fuel getting to the carb. Nothing in the bowl.

Posted

Are you/does your Scoot have a vacuum operated fuel pump?

Is the fuel cap vented?

Is the Fuel coming out of the fuel line to the carb?

You can check carb float operation by leaving the float bowl off and attach a or the fuel line and see if she flows fuel.

Good luck

Posted

Started for a few seconds yesterday. Theres fuel in the bowl. Seemed to start only if i leaned the bike left or right repeatedly.  Any geusses why if i lean the bike it wants to start?

Also on to another problem. I was holding down the start button and brake lever as normal to start it but once I let go of both for some reason the bike was cranking without me holding down lever or start button, it kept on cranking. I even took the key out of ignition but it kept cranking. Only way to stop was to remove the battery. Any thoughts?

Posted

You have an electrical gremlin, time to take out the multimeter and start checking cables. Start with the ignition switch cables, one might be short out.

Posted

Ricky is correct,,,there's defiantly an electrical problem ,,a wire or two have rubbed thru the insulation ,,,or the solenoid is sticking closed