Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

GY6 150cc with reverse

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi everyone! I'm new to Dan's Garage Talk & I'm hoping you all can help me out. I'm a disabled veteran(paraplegic) & I have recently bought a Icebear Mad dog Trike 150cc. Since I do not have the use of my legs, I wanted to know is there a GY6 long case that comes with a reverse or can I have one built? Through the research I've done, I have only found them in the short case. Any information that you can think of would be helpful. If I do have to get one built, who would you recommend? Thanks in advance! 

Screenshot_20180316-094014_Chrome.jpg

Posted

how-it-works-gy6-reverse-gearbox.html

Ok I'm having a issue locating a long case as you requested, darn it I know there out there, theres one in a 2016 Buggy 100 yards from my Cabin in NC but I'm in Ohio right now. I even have the engine code tags from it in my possession down there.:banghead:

Posted

Piston is right as usual,,,(this is gettin old dude),,,buggies have reverse,,,,depending how mechanically inclined you are you may be able to adapt it to your engine/case if you can find the parts,,,,let me see if I can locate some

Posted

Just went to the link piston put up,,,looks to me to be a standard engine with a bolt on gear case mounted where the wheel would mount for a two wheel scooter with a manual shift arm and knob,,,depending on how the drive is on the mad dog you'd have to modify it to accommodate the chain (I'm assuming it's a chain final drive)

Hey I just had a thought,,,contact Jim at rapid repair,,,715-825-3710,,,if anyone can source parts for an icebear it would be him

Posted

Get the 300 cc Zodiac it has reverse I have 3 they are a great trike for the price.My wife loves her red one hard to get her off to service it like changing oil and ail filter checking chain so forth LOL