Hello from Oz

10 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello there from Adelaide South Australia.

I've got a couple of scooters.  The first project was a Sym Orbit 50.

IMG_20180325_095603.thumb.jpg.b18dfc7dd2

Bought it cheap as it had a chewed out crankshaft bearings.  Rebuilt it, added a 50mm BBK with bigger carby and it goes well.  The only thing I will do some time is pull the head off and grind a bit more out of the combustion chamber as it still pings a little even on 98 fuel.

My current project is a Xtreme Moto Nitro 150.  I bought this one even cheaper in a million bits.  I had to replace the crankcase as it had a big crack down the middle.  This is where I'm at with it at the moment.  It runs but I've got rectifier problems but will post about them in the electrics section.

IMG_20180408_163546.thumb.jpg.24b9555e8e

This is what it will look like when finished.

scooter.thumb.jpg.c72f2c4c3a08a0a2c7a339

Cheers

Posted

Welcome, nice rides, a little slow around here lately,  guess it's the winter blues, summer going on fall down under I guess, cheers

Posted

Yes summer should be over by now but still going to be 35c (95F) this week when it should be about 22c (72F)

Posted

On my way home from wareing shorts all winter, Arizona, heading to just under the southern tip of Alaska, dog was playing in 2 ft of snow just now, , oh how I miss cold beer and shorts hahaha I'm sure this site will pick up once the sun starts shinning, lots of good people here with info.

Posted

Welcome!!! From southern california!!!!!!  Nice job,,,I'd source a different head gasket for the detonation,,,cosmetic will make you a custom one for you,,piston guy wI'll chime in here I'm sure

Posted

Welcome M-8

Nice rides.

looks like you got some skills so I hope you stick around and have some fun.

Cheers..

Posted

Welcome!!! From southern california!!!!!!  Nice job,,,I'd source a different head gasket for the detonation,,,cosmetic will make you a custom one for you,,piston guy wI'll chime in here I'm sure.

Cosmetic:yelrotflmao: this guys love it , Il send it to Spot over there..

Im having a issue providing the Link to Cometic gasket..

Posted

Welcome!!! From southern california!!!!!!  Nice job,,,I'd source a different head gasket for the detonation,,,cosmetic will make you a custom one for you,,piston guy wI'll chime in here I'm sure

Yes on the original build I tried a thicker gasket but then my timing chain was too short, so I had to stick with the original thin metal one and got out the trusty dremel.  Just need to chop out a bit more. Even with a thicker gasket I think I still would need to grind some out as I was using the original 39mm head.  

The same dremel I used to grind out the case for the cylinder to fit.......case borers phttt:grouphug:

Posted

Damned spellcheck,,,COMETIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!,,,,it wasn't that funny dude

Posted

welcome