180cc bbk carb size?

10 posts in this topic

Posted

My 180cc bbk swap is done. Should I stick with the rejetted 24mm carb or get something a bit larger?

Posted

To get the most out of the build, I'd say the best move would be to get a larger carb. I saw great improvements moving to a larger carb on my 155cc build, I used a PWK 26 Nibbi slide carb and have not regretted it. I would like to try moving to a 28mm carb and see how the motor likes it. Dan has a new line of Mikuni carbs that should really bring these motors to life.

Posted

To get the most out of the build, I'd say the best move would be to get a larger carb. I saw great improvements moving to a larger carb on my 155cc build, I used a PWK 26 Nibbi slide carb and have not regretted it. I would like to try moving to a 28mm carb and see how the motor likes it. Dan has a new line of Mikuni carbs that should really bring these motors to life.

I have a spare kleihim 28mm cvk. I'm trying not to get too much deeper in the hole. I just took off an Ecotrons EFI kit that I dropped almost $700 into, just to see it sit on my bench. I may step into a newer carb eventually but I haven't been able to get that crap sold or traded to save my life.

Posted

The 28mm CVK should be fine with good jetting. I have always wanted to get into the whole ecotrons and fuel injection on a small scale engine, but time has not been my friend for the past few years so I only get time to barely put things together. Let us know how the new CVK works with the setup, post some pics.

1 person likes this

Posted

Im gunna roll with what this guy said. not  a whole lot to add.

Your 24 can be jetted to work just fine, but to compliment your build, you know what to do.

Posted

My 180cc bbk swap is done. Should I stick with the rejetted 24mm carb or get something a bit larger?

It completely depends on the head... If it's a stock head, you don't need to do anything beyond re-jetting.

Posted

It completely depends on the head... If it's a stock head, you don't need to do anything beyond re-jetting.

I did change the head, valves, and valve cover. I didnt measure the the valve size, but they appear to be larger. I also port polished the heads. Unfortunately my 24mm stock carb is not that seviceable. I was able to to get the bowl off but I'm not able to get the air/fuel screw adjusted because it doesn't exist..

Posted

I did change the head, valves, and valve cover. I didnt measure the the valve size, but they appear to be larger. I also port polished the heads. Unfortunately my 24mm stock carb is not that seviceable. I was able to to get the bowl off but I'm not able to get the air/fuel screw adjusted because it doesn't exist..

It might just be capped off.jg60r9.gif

1 person likes this

Posted

drill baby drill:

M

1 person likes this

Posted

Good video MJ! I've done this very process about 30 times.... On a cheap GY6 carb, the block-off plate is super thin and very easy to remove...