Martin Mopeds Facebook

30 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Disagree.

Possibly to those that are "matured".. Unfortunately FACEBOOK is shaping the youth and those weak and Gullible in to monsters.

Streaming murders, suicides. Close your FACEBOOK account now. DISGUSTING!

Whoa... A bit extreme don't ya think? 

People's been saying this crap about different styles of music, races, religions, video games, smart phones, the internet itself..... Wow... It's just amazing all these things that will destroy us....

I dunno man, to each their own.... Me, I'm going embrace every creature comfort life has to offer or else like Creed says: What's this life for? :cheers: 

Edited by DMartin95
1 person likes this

Posted

Whoa... A bit extreme don't ya think? 

People's been saying this crap about different styles of music, races, religions, video games, smart phones, the internet itself..... Wow... It's just amazing all these things that will destroy us....

I dunno man, to each their own.... Me, I'm going embrace every creature comfort life has to offer or else like Creed says: What's this life for? :cheers: 

I must be in the middle. I use a lot of those "creature comforts" (except video games and smartphones), but I try to remind myself not to get sucked into them like the rest.

One thing to remember, there are less of the mindless people out there than you might think. A good portion of people out there are just like us right here. But who makes more "noise?" Is it us talking to each other about scooters or somebody shooting up a school on a facebook live stream? It's the sad truth. It's also how Trump took the win when the polls and news said he couldn't. Silent majority?

Posted

I'm just gonna ramble a bit for a sec....  

For the longest time, I had major issues with FB.... It wasn't the social media aspect or some deteriorating America why I stayed away.... It was Governments, and yes, that is plural.... All governments collect data, and I didn't want my personal data in those hands....  But here's the truth of it.... Every email server, (Hotmail, Gmail etc etc), every search engine, every major streaming website, business computers, smartphones, ..... Getting the picture here? Everything, all of that, has already been hacked... Doesn't matter if you're on social media or not.... YOUR INFO IS ALREADY OUT THERE... PERIOD....

Then I had a jealous wife who freaked everytime I went to set one up.... Well, as many of you know, shit in that department went south so I said F it, and hoped back on FB... within like 2 months, I've talked to over 20 or 30 family members and about twice as many old school friends and such that I haven't talked to in over 25 years, in some cases.... Facebook, when used as intended, is a great way to reconnect I've found! 

Can it be abused? Sure.... But isn't blaming FB for peoples actions a bit analogous to blaming a gun instead of the shooter? Or Drug instead of the user? etc etc.....

2 people like this

Posted

I think folks who criticize social media are actually revealing something deep about themselves. Just sayin'

Posted

I recently joined Facebook ,,,I go there occasionally ,,,not religiously like Some people do,,,I basically could care less what's going on socially,