Gy6 Starter Clutch Replacement

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Probably not the 1st to post this kind of video but I'm kinda proud of this one. This is my 1st of hopefully many instructional videos on my channel. Comments (good or bad) are welcome.

2 people like this

Posted (edited)

It's an awesome video! One question, jump to 9:22. "Turning one way but not well the other way. And that would be the problem."

Edited by TheDullCarbide
1 person likes this

Posted

Thank you so much.... yeah I was trying to saying that it wouldn't turn clockwise just counter clockwise. Keep watching for CVT upgrade as the next video. Thanks again on the compliment, you made my night!:frenchy:

Posted

Thank you so much.... yeah I was trying to saying that it wouldn't turn clockwise just counter clockwise. Keep watching for CVT upgrade as the next video. Thanks again on the compliment, you made my night!:frenchy:

My point is that it needs to be that way to work. If it slips going clockwise then it needs to be replaced.

Posted

Ya very good video, 

1 person likes this

Posted

Thanks Fifty, just trying to be useful.:pooh:

Posted

I watch so much you tube stuff it's almost replaced my tv hahaha, everything from golf to rv repair to scooter stuff, I find its very informative, there's a lot of crap, yours is not.

1 person likes this

Posted

My point is that it needs to be that way to work. If it slips going clockwise then it needs to be replaced.

Oh, thanks for the correction. That total make sense, hope people aren't confused.

Posted (edited)

It is Correctly called a "Sprag Clutch"

There is a Roller Clutch in the vid also

Several types are in use  but do the same thong

btw Nice Vid!!

Edited by pistonguy
2 people like this

Posted

There you go, just learned something new.

Posted

Here that sound.....that sound is my head getting bigger, and bigger. Thank you so much everyone for you views, corrections, and positive encouragement. I truly feel like a million bucks! I feel a whole site shout-out coming in one of my next videos.

Posted (edited)

Lol, thanks bro but that seems to be Dan the Man's domain.

He is the expert, I was just seeing what incredibly talented dudes like you, Fifty and pistonguy thought of my work.

You guy have always posted on all my threads. Much Respect! Even Dan chimed in once.

I was "kinda" scared to post anything from my youtube channel here.

Thanks again for the support!!!

Edited by Kachi's Kid

Posted (edited)

Just a couple tips.

I really liked you had all the necessary tools laid out and then went over them for the viewers.

Since were mostly dealing with a very entry level audience I would prefer to stick to hand tools over power tools even for disassembly. the beginners need to get a good feel for hand tools before moving to power.

The or any back drops makes the video look more professional.  you can mock up a fake set that looks very cool and professional. old race banners, stainless steel bench etc, motorsports posters etc.

If you are in the video make sure you look as professional as possible.

Next rehearse the video several times so it flows like you do it every day, you could even post some Q cards for difficult scenes , if  you have any question on what the technical term is for something look it up first don't fumble thru it on the video.

Good Luck!:cheers:

Edited by pistonguy
2 people like this

Posted

Thanks or the tips pistonguy, as always very helpful.

So I caught your pics of that mean red machine when you replaced the CVT. Very nice my friend!

I have to build on a budget so no NCY variator for me, but I sure didn't expect that coating to come off like that. Not really liking these no return policies that you see with these high performance shops. Were they able to do anything for you?

Posted

Thanks or the tips pistonguy, as always very helpful.

So I caught your pics of that mean red machine when you replaced the CVT. Very nice my friend!

I have to build on a budget so no NCY variator for me, but I sure didn't expect that coating to come off like that. Not really liking these no return policies that you see with these high performance shops. Were they able to do anything for you?

Nah, its very convenient for these vendors to label everything as "Racing" or "High Performance" and say tuff ya bought it.

I knew better  the Teflon would never last any amount of time, but what sucks is when that Teflon coating is coming off it impedes the Rollers from Rolling an they get flat spots very quickly. ya just have to be aware its doing that and service  it once or twice a season till the coating is gone.

1 person likes this

Posted

Nah, its very convenient for these vendors to label everything as "Racing" or "High Performance" and say tuff ya bought it.

This always cracks me up..... People seem to act like they don't have a choice...

When something is clearly listed in the ad: NO RETURNS, REFUNDS or EXCHANGES, means just that...  

Trust me when I say, when you have to put that disclaimer up, it turns off more potential buyers than making some money on the few exchanges you'll be asked to do.... In addition, vendor/dealer is the right word.... We are not the manufacturer and these foreign manufactures simply do not honor the warranty, that's why vendors have to put the disclaimer in the first place...As mentioned, it hurts sales.... So tell me how again it's convenient for the vendor????

P.S. A lot of the people that purchase "High Performance Parts have no clue WTF they're even buying... They think because the parts physically fit, they'll just magically work together... People install big bore kits, open air filters, CDI's with different timing advance than original, then pick some random carb that's bigger in mm's, never paying attention to jet size of proper lambda (Air fuel mix)... They do stupid shit like trying to adjust by sound, exhaust smell and sight.... And here's the kicker, once someone realizes they F'd their scooter up by changing random parts, then they want to send greasy, used parts back to a middle man than can't send it back to source (manufacturer)..... 

4 people like this

Posted

This always cracks me up..... People seem to act like they don't have a choice...

When something is clearly listed in the ad: NO RETURNS, REFUNDS or EXCHANGES, means just that...  

Trust me when I say, when you have to put that disclaimer up, it turns off more potential buyers than making some money on the few exchanges you'll be asked to do.... In addition, vendor/dealer is the right word.... We are not the manufacturer and these foreign manufactures simply do not honor the warranty, that's why vendors have to put the disclaimer in the first place...As mentioned, it hurts sales.... So tell me how again it's convenient for the vendor????

P.S. A lot of the people that purchase "High Performance Parts have no clue WTF they're even buying... They think because the parts physically fit, they'll just magically work together... People install big bore kits, open air filters, CDI's with different timing advance than original, then pick some random carb that's bigger in mm's, never paying attention to jet size of proper lambda (Air fuel mix)... They do stupid poo like trying to adjust by sound, exhaust smell and sight.... And here's the kicker, once someone realizes they F'd their scooter up by changing random parts, then they want to send greasy, used parts back to a middle man than can't send it back to source (manufacturer)..... 

AMEN! Learned the hard way with that A8 cam.

I saw a youtube of a guy with a Hammerhead that did his own mods. He deleted the air filter and put a wad of that green filter foam in the intake scoop and put "the biggest jet he could find" in the carb.