Next chapter

13 posts in this topic

Posted

Got so many good tips and kind words on the last video, I thought I would try again.

Interested to see or hear about everyone's top 10 products they use to keep their scoots running.

1 person likes this

Posted

Good info, I use sta bil all the time, I run leads for battery tender on all my stuff, scooter, quad you name it, batteries last way longer, I have a few multi meters as I did DC wiring for 35 years, I don't pack too many tools in my scooter as I use it mostly in the area I'm at, has fuel injection so nothing I can dick with there, I always have air pressure gauges in all my vehicles especially bikes ,there's not much rubber between you and the ground , cheers

1 person likes this

Posted

Interested to see or hear about everyone's top 10 products they use to keep their scoots running.

I'm a fan of some good whiskey...

But seriously, my favorites are a good multimeter, a Dremel with lots of different wheels, micro 12v air pump, LifePO4 battery + battery tender, and a deep set of stainless steel M6 & M8 screws, nuts, and bolts.

2 people like this

Posted

Fuel injection? WTF? Fifty, you are a bbbbbaaaaaddddd man!

Are there pics of your scooter on the site?

Posted

Fuel injection? WTF? Fifty, you are a bbbbbaaaaaddddd man!

Are there pics of your scooter on the site?

SMAX

Posted

Oh, a Yamaha guy aye? lol.

155cc, heard does 80mph stock. I like it much better than the PCX, and I'm a "Honda guy".

Nice bike Fifty!

Posted

Thanks, second bike in my life with FI first was my Yami WR250R,  I live in the mountains close to the southern tip of Alaska so it works great, I've tuned my share of carbs over a very extensive riding career. Just wanted something real easy to run, and she has never hit 80, my gps said 78 hahaha it's a great scoot, just hit the button and go, looking at a small yami 50cc 2 stroke,  love to put a bb kit and start tuning again, just for a hobby, probable better than collecting empty scotch bottles hahaha

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Thanks, second bike in my life with FI first was my Yami WR250R,  I live in the mountains close to the southern tip of Alaska so it works great, I've tuned my share of carbs over a very extensive riding career. Just wanted something real easy to run, and she has never hit 80, my gps said 78 hahaha it's a great scoot, just hit the button and go, looking at a small yami 50cc 2 stroke,  love to put a bb kit and start tuning again, just for a hobby, probable better than collecting empty scotch bottles hahaha

The WR is a great bike. and for sure you know what great suspension and brakes feels like.

Fiddy I bet you got mad rinding skills and just keeping it on the down low.

Prolly Sebaiston Tortelli hiding out in the great white north.

Edited by pistonguy

Posted

Not so much anymore, bad back and hips, limit my riding skills now, but I'm one hell of a golfer hahahaha not. I just love riding , if I want to do a lot of dirt now I take the easy way out and take my polaris quad, I'm probable the same age as your mom hahaha cheers.

1 person likes this

Posted

Never too old to enjoy life young man, as I see you do. Found it kinda of funny... I gave up golfing to start riding again.

I'm no spring chicken myself, I was born in the 70's.

I actually remember disco dancing...lol.

Posted

Buddy I was finished my tour in the Navy before the 70s hahahaha I rode the scoot to the golf course today, I use that little bugger every where around town and out to the lake, what ever, always puts a smile on my face.

2 people like this

Posted

Buddy I was finished my tour in the Navy before the 70s hahahaha I rode the scoot to the golf course today, I use that little bugger every where around town and out to the lake, what ever, always puts a smile on my face.

Canada has a Navy?

Oh ya I remember the Canadian Navy.

ea6803cdd3539ccfc140fc3e18ef13ff.jpg

rsoku.jpg

Posted

Canada has a Navy?

Canadian Marines are badass. Just sayin'