Roma hornet

35 posts in this topic

Posted

So I started to rebuild with 61mm bbk after exzost valve broke off and destroyed every thing today including connecting rod. After i removed crankshaft i found this a crack in block by head bolt20180706_184248-1-1.thumb.jpg.3e419b9998would you put it together like this. Can't find a nother case to match my mounts are on the bottom not the top20180706_184218.thumb.jpg.6666390c302309any one have an idea where to find replacement

Posted

Yes

Posted (edited)

Did you install the Threaded Rod or someone else?

Looks to be SAE Fine thread in a Metric Hole, other than it has been over jacked probably why the thing is split.

Edited by pistonguy

Posted

Stock rod i haven't removed it at all. I have a feeling it is part of all the damage from the valve braking off and destroying everything including the connecting rod.

Posted

Jesus someone used all thread as cylinder studs!!!!!!,,that's fukd up

Posted

It's not all thread it's stock cylinder and head stud. Last summer my exzost valve broke and destroyed everything. It even bent the connecting rod. When i went to rebuild with 61mm bbk i found crack in block by head stud.20180708_073409-1.thumb.jpg.0e127a222a3b20180708_073856-1.thumb.jpg.a84fb360bd4b

1 person likes this

Posted

That sure beat that piston to death.

Posted

Carnage!

Posted

I know right

1 person likes this

Posted

So at a closer look where the crack is the ailment pin goes there. So i guess my question is what's my chances i could put it together and have it last.

Posted (edited)

Between you and me, I wouldn't trust it, I'm sure every time you rode it would be in the back of your mind, there's enough sheit happening out on the roads without having your bike grenade,  but that's just me.

Edited by Fiftygrit
1 person likes this

Posted

Now i need to find the Wright case

Posted

That Grenade job is awesome!!!

It can be Welded if all else fails, 

Must get rid of the threaded rod and get proper Studs.

Good luck...

Posted

It's stock stud picture is zoomed in to see crack. Thanks for the advice. Found new case for $120 + shipping

Posted

It's stock stud picture is zoomed in to see crack. Thanks for the advice. Found new case for $120 + shipping

COOL!!!

Posted

15331242189761557320238.thumb.jpg.a4fad71533124304505413013787.thumb.jpg.ee7a47bit's ready to go back in bike it's been about a year :tazz:

2 people like this

Posted

Looking great,,,good luck!!

Posted

If it runs as good as it looks your laughing, let her rip.

Posted

Thank you. I hope it does run as good as it looks

Posted

I put it back together Thursday it ran good all day. I ride to work Friday on freeway the freeway is about 10 miles after about 5 miles the bike started acting like it was running out of gas. When i pulled over the fuel filter is full. Bike would start Wright back up and ride for about a mile and a Half and shut down again. I checked valve adjustment and it's good. Gas tank is full. I even put stock CDI and stock coil back. I was thinking i might have had wrong CDI and coil. I think the CDI was DC Not AC. Had same problem last year before value broke and destroyed everything. everything in motor is new. I put a new battery because the other one sat and wouldn't hold a charge. Any idea what it might be please help getting frustrated

Posted

Does your Scoot have a fuel pump?

Have you checked the gas cap vent?

Posted

I have one line on gas tank for a vent. I have 3 lines on tank 2 go to fuel pump and the third one i use for a vent. Motor. Had egr system but when i did rebuild i did it with out egr system so tank has third line with no where to go so it's a vent nowScreenshot_2018-08-05-10-16-09.thumb.png

Posted

I put new fuel pump and when i have it wot the fuel filters go empty. Any idea on how to fix my issue. Maybe my carb is to large and sucks all the fuel the little vacuum fuel pump can supply. The carb is for a 250cc gy6

Posted

Ohhh.. what mm size is that giant carb?

Over carbonation is a tune down..