Roma hornet

35 posts in this topic

Posted

Had a Vespa et4 that had a very similar issue,,at wot there's no vacuum to speak of,,,so either the fuel pump is shutting down or the fuel tap is closing (this was the issue I had with the Vespa it would run out of fuel with a full tank)

Posted

the carb is a Max Auto the intake side is 30mm and the air filter side is 45mm

The carb says it's for a 250cc

Posted

What if i run two fuel pumps

Posted

I think it would be a better idea to go with a gravity fed system, put the fuel tank higher than the carburattor, too much pressure from the fuel pump can cause the carb to overflow. 

Posted

Not sure if you have had that carb running on your Scoot in the past but I think she is over carbureted at 30mm for the combination you have, thats a tune down not a tune up.  I think of over carb'd as flushing a toilet into a straw..

Its your Scoot but I wouldn't waste my time trying to get it to work, I would go back to the OE 24mm carb back on and jet it properly. Im sure this will preform better..

Good Luck.. 

Posted

Screenshot_2018-08-17-22-30-20.thumb.pngi bought this fuel pump. It's a low flow pump. 2.5 psi and built in fuel by pass.

Posted

Let is know how that works out..

Posted

:erm:

2 people like this

Posted

I put my new fuel pump. Carburetor don't flood pump working good. Went to go for a ride and value stem broke off so i replaced it with all metal ones. Now i need to adjust the valves and change the oil. Didn't get to ride but one time so far it's about 20 miles to work. Let you know how it goes when i ride it home Sunday from work.

Posted

Good luck, hope your headed in the right direction.