Scrappy dog anyone?

21 posts in this topic

Posted

Has anyone recently purchased anything from Scrappydogscooters.com?

I purchased a oil catch can 2 days ago, but read some bad yelp reviews today, that might be cause for concern.

I hope I get what I ordered.

Posted (edited)

Has anyone recently purchased anything from Scrappydogscooters.com?

I purchased a oil catch can 2 days ago, but read some bad yelp reviews today, that might be cause for concern.

I hope I get what I ordered.

Oh snit bro I got a whole WARNIG thread on its the Ride.

The sight takes your money but theres nobody there.. there a whole bunch of us that they took money from and never shipped product.

They screwed me out of a 13" wheel this past spring, the shipping information from pay pal clearly showed only a small 6x6x6 envelope ship and no Wheel that i was charged for.

No response ever from Crappy, voice mail always full, e-mails came back as a no longer working address.

I already go Fake 26mm carb from them so there credibility is zero to me.

There product is junk and fake with no customer support,

I hear the crooks have taken new residence in Utah or something, ill get the info 

Edited by pistonguy

Posted

Oh crap!

Man that was confirmed on 49ccscoot.com!

That dude Rick was actually talking to some of the users around March 15th of this year.

Dang, I don't need this!

I promise to make a motovlog about all my bad experiences.

Posted

scrappy-warning

Here ya go, the skipped state.

The named principle from what I hear was involved with the Crappy deal so how he is currently regard  means nothing to me that he's not even shutting down the site or providing any forwarding information.

Posted

Yeah, thanks piston, richardo posted it, and I read it.

This sucks, they had the catch can that I wanted and was gonna wait on it to do I next speed run.

The crazy thing was that the item was out of stock just the week before, then it came into stock.

So that tells me that someone is still running the site.

Here is the 12 pages of posts on 49ccscoot.com

Richard is commenting in it.

http://49ccscoot.proboards.com/thread/10598/scrappy-dog-scooters

1 person likes this

Posted

Do these small scoot's kick that much oil out of the breather, there's that much crank case pressure,  wow. Think mine goes back into the air cleaner but never seen any oil in there, and I run mine pretty hard down south on the highway.

Posted (edited)

Nah, The Oil Spewing on mine was from the JUNK Scrappy check valves they offer, Thye never seemed right putting my finger over the end while the engine was running, now way should have been spewing oil with two of them on at 8,910rpms, then last season on the way to the corner store tapped out I looked down and the whole floor pad was filled with oil spewing out of the check valve, I knew they were junk when I shut the engine off and there was still oil (pressure) coming out. then I tried to get oil back in and she hiccuped so bad i knew something wasn't right in OZ.

Now a major percentage of my crankcase oil has spewed out and Im three miles from home so time to grab the beer from the corner and test out that expensive Royal Purple/ Lucas Mixtas that i have going on.. babied her home.. did a complete oil change, yanked off the Junk check valves and run the stinking hose in a used water bottle. darn near nuthin in it.

I run a hose from the valve cover and the Dipstick to a empty plastic water bottle and don't get snit for oil in it, so I would say its a complete waste of money and time.

Edited by pistonguy
1 person likes this

Posted

Well the 171cc seems to like to breathe a lot. I rerouted the hose to go straight up instead of a forward lean.

My floorboards looked much like yours (piston) the first 2 days with the hose installed.

I will run the water bottle trick and return it to the forward position to test that theory. 

I can't be losing oil if I'm gonna beat your speed record....:whacky086:

Posted

Lucky with that much pressure didn't blow a crank seal or barrel base gasket or something, that's crazy.

Posted

I've had some good results with this, I used two automotive PCV valves and a catch can with two 1/4" barbs tapped into the rocker cover. Once the new rings I had bedded in I got zero oil. On start up I could feel the pressurized air come out then nothing once up to temp. I screwed up and ran low on oil due to having one of the lines before the valve cut, this basically allows air to be pumped in and out of the crankcase. On the way out it grabs some oil and being negligent I didnt realize till too late. Destroyed the cylinder. I run WOT for at least 15 mins on the way home.

It did feel different when I installed it but at the same time I did many mods, on the current setup I dont have anything and it is fine. I am losing oil from the stupid breather hose though even though it is running through the two valves, I think they are stuck open or the rings aren't seated.

If you want to feel a nice difference, get a spare fan and cut every other fin off to reduce the suction it creates. A noticeable difference. Actually you all are in the US, you can buy one ready to install, be aware that it is not pushing as much air to cool the engine (IMPORTANT)

I also always slot the pick up to advance the timing by a few degrees.

Posted

If you want to feel a nice difference, get a spare fan and cut every other fin off to reduce the suction it creates. A noticeable difference. Actually you all are in the US, you can buy one ready to install, be aware that it is not pushing as much air to cool the engine (IMPORTANT)

Ya know, sometimes people get butt hurt when you correct them, so please don't... You're giving really bad advice....

Look, these GY6 engines are air cooled and NEED the fan.... They do have racing setups, but them are not track racers, they're made for the strip, nothing more (short runs)... You run your GY6 with a messed up shroud or fan not working properly, your engine will over heat.... May not do it immediately but this is a recipe for disaster....

3 people like this

Posted

I have to agree with Dino on this one.

The alteration of the fan doesn't make much sense to me either. If it is so important to get air to the engine (which it is) then how would clipping the blades help?

I ran last night keeping her around 55 after moving the breather hose to a straight-up angle near the gas tank.

NO OIL came out. I'm gonna run with this setup this weekend and update you guys later on this.

Posted

Maybe its just me but I didn't think 25 was advocating running round town with a less than fan.

Posted (edited)

My apologies for the poor advice and no hard feeling taken at all. Last thing I want is to give bad advice, I have to be careful with recommendations.

I only try to share my experience with my style of riding and riding conditions. I do a lot of testing on my builds as that in itself is my passion. The things I do will make others cringe, but I will keep it for my crazy build thread. Cheers to everyone. 

Edited by bcyprian25

Posted

I included a video of my GY6 150 in a four wheel cart, ASW / Menards YS200, hope it shows up.  I hooked up a tube to the crankcase breather going into a cup of water with the engine idling . 

That is a totally stock healthy engine. No oil usage at all.

You can get an idea of the amount of air movement / turbulence .

I'm curious, with all the head replacements going on with these powerplants, do the new heads come with the vent baffleplate installed or do you use your old one, or have to fab something to fit?

Breather_bubbles.mp4

Posted

SD12 as far as I know, all rocker covers should have a baffle installed, usually if you buy a replacement head or a performance head, they don't usually send a rocker cover with it unless you buy a new one.

Posted

SD12 good video on crank case pressure,  good way to show it, never realized there was that much pressure on these scoot's. 

Posted

Once there is free flow into and out of the crankcase, baffled or not (the baffle is not a one way valve), there will be air pumping in and out of the engine.

When the piston comes down from TDC (top dead center) it will displace the air on the way down to BDC (bottom dead center) into the crankcase where the pressure becomes higher than atmosphere. As there is a vent on the rocker cover, the higher pressure exits the vent.

Like wise when the piston heads back up the bore, a vacuum is created in the crankcase, and you guessed it, because of the open vent, air is drawn back into the crankcase.

At idle it should be just air, at higher rpms when things get a bit more turbulent, some oil may exit the vent (As seen in Piston's photos).

This is not a guess but simple physics, getting to know your engine and the way it works it a beautiful thing.

PLEASE NOTE: this explanation does not take into consideration blow by.

Posted

The alteration of the fan doesn't make much sense to me either. If it is so important to get air to the engine (which it is) then how would clipping the blades help?

On a race engine, it does make a difference... Some race engines have no cooling setup at all... The fan creates drag on the engine.... Same thing with the fan blades on a stock variator... You'll see many racing variators that have no fan blades at all... In fact, if you're running without a CVT cover or an open/designer on cover, it's perfectly fine.... They even sell racing stators that have a super small flywheel/magneto that only produces enough power for engine spark..... 

However, if you have a stock engine, you'll burn it up it up with the quickness... These aluminum blocks get soft as butter when they get heated, causes warping and seals/gaskets no longer work....

Only makes sense on a strip racing engine....

My apologies for the poor advice and no hard feeling taken at all. Last thing I want is to give bad advice, I have to be careful with recommendations.

I only try to share my experience with my style of riding and riding conditions. I do a lot of testing on my builds as that in itself is my passion. The things I do will make others cringe, but I will keep it for my crazy build thread. Cheers to everyone. 

No apologies are needed... 

It's all good to share racing tips, you should just ad a disclaimer when you offer advice like that because some people have no clue what they're doing and just do what people tell them on the net.... Yes, cutting out some of the blades will reduce drag, but at the same time, it will not cool the engine properly.... If someone does this to a daily driver, they're asking for trouble.

1 person likes this