Can a brother get 24 hours of happiness?

85 posts in this topic

Posted

Well that pretty cool.

plug and play is my language with Ready Kilowatt..

Piston, you don't have an alarm on that beautiful Honda Liter bike?

Posted

Well today the good ole' Chinese belt on CVT snapped today.

Had to get towed home again...lol.

AAA to the rescue.

It not really the belts fault, 50 miles away from 4000 miles so it was gonna give way at some point.

You guys have seen how I ride...it really never had a chance.:gunsmilie:

Posted

Hey bud that's very cool, owning an Smax is nice but since they only sold 17 of them in Canada and about 97 in the USA there are no after market parts, it sucks, I just add gas and ride,  I've never left a bike so stock as this one, only place for custom stuff is basically Japan, and our dollar is worth about as much as a pesos,  keep up the vids, very good stuff.

There's a bunch of upgrades for our SMAX's.... My SMAX is still 100% stock (well, I put on new grips and LED blinker bulbs) because of how well it runs.... It goes plenty fast enough for me and the reliability is near perfect so far...Wet weight of 328Lbs.... Could you imagine how much faster it would be if this engine was a Chinese GY6 Chassis? 

Posted

So Dan where are you seeing the mods for these, I can't even find a forum with much info, so you never put the BB kit on I'm guessing, ya I'm pretty happy with performance,  for the amount of cc , I was thinking of going maybe 1 or 2 grams heavier on the rollers just to drop rpm down a bit at 70 mph, but then I might far up the take off power.

Posted

So Dan where are you seeing the mods for these, I can't even find a forum with much info, so you never put the BB kit on I'm guessing, ya I'm pretty happy with performance,  for the amount of cc , I was thinking of going maybe 1 or 2 grams heavier on the rollers just to drop rpm down a bit at 70 mph, but then I might far up the take off power.

https://japan.webike.net/

No, I decided against putting on the BBK and using the fuel commander.... I'm able to drive the SMAX on the interstate, can't say I have any interest in going faster than 80MPH on 2 wheels.... I used to wanna go a lot faster.... Part of it also is that I know what kind of R&D team Yamaha has and there's no way I think I can out do what they did....

The Florida roads are damned near perfect and at sea level I have even gained a couple of MPH.... Can't really explain why as elevation shouldn't matter with a Fuel Injected bike... For a 150 class scooter, I'm beyond happy...I've got over 7000 miles on her now and I still get instant starts... Only thing I've changed mechanically speaking is a new tire and the oil....

When it comes to chinese GY6 150cc, there's lots of room for improvement especially when quality is concerned....

1 person likes this

Posted

Did you stay with stock tires, I'm thinking 150 70 13 rear and 130 70 13 front this winter, maybe drop the rpm at 65 to 70 mph down just a bit, did you change your mapping on the power commander,  or just let it adapt to your riding speed and rpm.

Posted

I would have to so hold myself back from going crazy with a S-Max. what a fine piece of Yamaha machinery in the 150cc class..

Posted

Maybe I'm just being picky, but if there were some custom parts in Canada, or the USA I would be on it, but ordering from Japan, might take a year to get up here, Canada post sometimes is terrible, we don't have a real UPS courier up here just subcontractors,  rant over. 

Posted

You can get snow tires for the smax from chaparral Gritty

Posted

I haven't seen much snow in the last 12 years, been in Arizona every winter, hope that Trump let's us down for another year hahahaha

1 person likes this