Belt Buster

16 posts in this topic

Posted

Just a reminder for everyone to ride safe out there.

Posted

Good video bud, so was that an old belt with a lot of miles on it, did you change it with after market or OEM, just wondering.

Posted

I never purchase OEM bro, I don't have any money.:rofl:

Posted

I installed  new Gates belt right outa the crate, kept the OE crap for a spare then after two seasons or so installed a new Gates with the Vari/Clutch upgrade and the old Gates is now the spare..

1 person likes this

Posted

I installed  new Gates belt right outa the crate, kept the OE crap for a spare then after two seasons or so installed a new Gates with the Vari/Clutch upgrade and the old Gates is now the spare..

Yeah I threw a Glixal on, Japanese OEM is much better than Chinese OEM. There are so many choices for a Chinese scoot that you rarely go back to OEM.

Much like Piston I use all that "crap" as spare parts.

Posted

If was nice to see you riding reasonably in the video. Too many show the rider acting like a dildo. Kudo's

Speaking of dildo's, the driver in the white SUV gave you maybe a whole foot of space during your ordeal. Buck say's they were riding you before the incident as well.

1 person likes this

Posted

Why thank you SD.

Yeah, I thought the white SUV was a little close too but, I was wrong. I indicated that I was going to get in that left turn lane and the last moment decided to hit the sidewalk. Could have costed me greatly.

I just know when those RPMs dropped to 0 immediately I needed to get the heck out of the way!

Woodward Cruise is coming up the 18th, I'm gonna try to get you guys some great footage. Any car requests?

What do my boys want to see?

Posted (edited)

A 1953 Morris Miner, 

Edited by Fiftygrit
1 person likes this

Posted

A 1953 Morris Miner, 

that would be a Morris Minor, not Miner! ;)

M

Posted

Ya my tablet changed it and I didn't proof read, I had one of these when I was a kid, a little 2 door, Lucas wiring, the Prince of darkness, + ground hahaha

1 person likes this

Posted

A few of m y high school friends had Austin 1100's back in the early 1970s -- they beat the poo out of them. But to be fair, the cars seemed to take it.

Posted

Ya my tablet changed it and I didn't proof read, I had one of these when I was a kid, a little 2 door, Lucas wiring, the Prince of darkness, + ground hahaha

My 1961 Land Rover Series 2 is like that, with Lucas wiring you just have have to be careful not to let the Lucas smoke escape. 

Posted

At least the land rovers up here had aluminum bodies so they didn't rust out, they salt the roads a lot in winter so everything rusts,

Posted

At least the land rovers up here had aluminum bodies so they didn't rust out, they salt the roads a lot in winter so everything rusts,

Oh but they had steel frames! -- and when you mount aluminum onto steel you pretty much guarantee galvanic corrosion!

(the new models not so much)

1 person likes this

Posted

A 1953 Morris Miner, 

I will find one!

Posted

Ok Kid that's your challenge,  I will be amazed if you do hahaha