What's the longest you have commuted?

14 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys, I got a temporary consulting contract from a customer, I have to supervise a project that needs my presence full time, the thing is that it is 128 kilometers round trip to the customer's facilities and my home. :blink:

The big red pig has a small fuel tank, just 2.3 gallons, I have to fill it daily, thinking about installing the Acerbis 5.8 gallons tank. It likes to eat rear tires, have tried Dunlop and Pirelli, next will be Kendra or maybe Metzeler, at this pace I will be changing rears every other month!!. 

Posted

I have to commute 8 km each way to the golf course every second day, does that count, when I was working years ago I had about 70 km each way to work , had a nice triumph, I use to fill up in the morning then again when I got home, it was a pain but made it work, I probable could have made it there and back on one tank, but didn't want to chance it, was all part of the fun as long as it wasn't raining.

1 person likes this

Posted

Way back about 36 miles or so one way to East Cleveland to Madison both mistakes by the Lake.

1 person likes this

Posted

Last week I had to do a 300 km round trip down to a LNG facility, filled up when I reached down and again when I reached home.

1 person likes this

Posted

This is starting to get annoying, the hardest part of the rainy season is here, I'm getting soaking wet every day on the way home, luckily it has been raining on the afternoon only and not in the mornings when I'm going to work, touching wood!

Posted

This is starting to get annoying, the hardest part of the rainy season is here, I'm getting soaking wet every day on the way home, luckily it has been raining on the afternoon only and not in the mornings when I'm going to work, touching wood!

Ricky remember one thing, Riding in  Warm Rain is Better than Eating Yellow Snow!!

1 person likes this

Posted

Ricky remember one thing, Riding in  Warm Rain is Better than Eating Yellow Snow!!

You have a good point, I'm going home until Monday, that should be enough time to get my boots dry after a weeks worth of wet feet, lol. 

Posted

You know I love you Ricky!l

:cheers: Salute!!

1 person likes this

Posted

So Piston when did you try the yellow snow hahaha

Posted

So Piston when did you try the yellow snow hahaha

Pee ice cream? :nahnah:

Posted

Back in the day was sleding or skiing or snowmobiling or ice skating as little boys we worked at the craft of writing your name in Snow..

Posted

Did you ever get your tounge stuck to a frozen pipe or post hahaha

Posted

It's going to be interesting soon,,this kind of stuff comes out mid winter,,,

Posted

Ya but mid winter I'm in shorts and sunshine.