GY6 High Performance Clutch Install

16 posts in this topic

Posted

1 person likes this

Posted

Another good video bud,  don't forget to let us know if there's any improvement .

1 person likes this

Posted

Nice:ok:

hey whats that big black bracket thing bolted by the shock?

Boy and all that wasted belt climb on that big dollar Vari. the key to more mph is Belt climb I don't see it riding any higher than your stocker..

Yours needs to look like this in order to spin that wheel faster.

IMG_1189.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Boy and all that wasted belt climb on that big dollar Vari. the key to more mph is Belt climb I don't see it riding any higher than your stocker..

IMG_1189.jpg

Thanks big brotha...

Expensive that variator is not.... Cost $20 with 13 grams rollers included. I haven't yet pushed it because of the weather conditions.

The bracket near the shock is the license plate holder.

Good looking variator pictured here, mine will look like that soon...hopefully...lol.

Another good video bud,  don't forget to let us know if there's any improvement .

Thanks again Fifty, I will film the improvements if there are any.

Just hoping that 2000 rpm Contra spring doesn't hold me back.

Posted

I went for a ride today, sunny, but cold, what we call a two nipple no dink day brrrrrrrrr.

Posted

Great video as usual brother, keep them coming.

IMG_1189.jpg

Piston needs to let out some secrets on how to get that belt to climb higher, I am tuning mine constantly, I had one of my setups like this. I'm breaking in a 60mm BBk right now so I'm not killing her too much :D

1 person likes this

Posted

I thought the 2000 rpm spring means it engages at 2000 rpm, my smax doesn't engage till around 3000 , I know on my polaris quad I changed the spring setting so that it would shift up later and down earlier, and we shimmed it to get the belt to climb to highest on the pulley. ScooterS are all Greek to me, I'm use to sprockets and chains.

Posted

I thought the 2000 rpm spring means it engages at 2000 rpm, my smax doesn't engage till around 3000 , I know on my polaris quad I changed the spring setting so that it would shift up later and down earlier, and we shimmed it to get the belt to climb to highest on the pulley. ScooterS are all Greek to me, I'm use to sprockets and chains.

I think its more of a rough guestamate. I have mine tuned to bring the rpm's up at least to the 3,000rpm were we are maybe making a whopping 3hp.

I can launch at any traffic light and holeshot the traffic no problem.. just gotta get the R's up into a few hp or so..

Now when I slow down the clutch still stays engaged well below 2,000rpm. 

Posted

Piston,

What size belt where you running on pictured variator?

835 or 842?

Posted (edited)

Piston,

What size belt where you running on pictured variator?

835 or 842?

Shoot I dont remember right now and id go look right now but I'm 500 miles from my scoot at the moment.

I ran the same size belt that came on her, I made no change,the 842 I believe, Gates..

Edited by pistonguy

Posted

Shoot I dont remember right now and id go look right now but I'm 500 miles from my scoot at the moment.

I ran the same size belt that came on her, I made no change,the 842 I believe, Gates..

842 aye....so, now I see...lol.

Now I got you...lol.

Posted

842 aye....so, now I see...lol.

Now I got you...lol.

No bro. I'm being completely honest, thats how I roll. as soon as i get back I will take pictures of the belt on the scoot and spare belt, I think I have a brand new spare Gates that i got from Dan last spring. I didn't take the time to look up whats the most common belt is or was and the 842 came to mind 

Im 500 miles away in Ohio at the homestead helping mom sell the place and move her into the Sisters of Notre Dame condo.

Posted

Piston,

No offense meant to you at all. I was just busting your chops.

You have always answered my questions open and honestly and have helped me a heck of a lot through my little journey.

We all know that "your that dude"

Hopefully you make it home soon to ride either one of those "sex on 2 wheels" before the weather takes a big crap on us.

Gotta like a dude who is willing to look after moms...

Posted

Maybe you two should get a room hahahaha sorry couldn't resist, it's my evil nature.

1 person likes this

Posted

Fifty,

Does this mean you are putting me out of my room at your house?

I'm sorry....Yamaha is the best....lol.

Posted

Yes your kicked to the curb, just like my kids, I play no favorites hahaha