Where's everyone?

33 posts in this topic

Posted

Are you guys already hibernating?. The rain is fading away here, is starting to get hot. 

Posted

I'm still here. Just observing from afar. I really have no news on my vehicle.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm now in Arizona, wareing shorts and drinking cheap booze watching the world series. 

20181027_191143.jpg

20181027_191126.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm now in Arizona, wearing shorts and drinking cheap booze watching the world series. 

Go Sox!

M

Posted

That's who I'm cheering for, but my neighbour's are all from LA so there always boooooing me hahahaha 

Posted

I'm here,,the boards have gone flat

Posted

Present and accounted for.

been tinkering with other toys so the both the Scoot and bike are on battery maintainers.

IMG_1803.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

I'm now in Arizona, wareing shorts and drinking cheap booze watching the world series. 

I thought you got stopped at the border in that Caravan and were turned back... heck one got in and is drinking our cheap booze!

1 person likes this

Posted

Present and accounted for.

been tinkering with other toys so the both the Scoot and bike are on battery maintainers.

IMG_1803.jpg

What are those things? 

Posted

What are those things? 

Hydraulic Roller Lifters for a Small Block Chevy, these particular would fit late model LS type that would be in a ZO6 Vette or the like, the retro fit back to original generation 0 small blocks.

Cost more than the Cam and most Chinese Scooters

2 people like this

Posted

We snuck in on the North border, there not watching that one hahahaha

Posted

We snuck in on the North border, there not watching that one hahahaha

Dmn! snuck in the back door, prolly got a free bottle of Scotch ta boot...

Posted

No free scotch but a 1/2 gallon was pretty cheap hahaha all good, didn't even ask if I was brining down any free pot.

Posted

A very important part set that's often overlooked,,high quality valve train components are a must for a solid long lived built engine

Posted

80f in shorts and thought you might like this pic.

20181030_134455.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

IMG_1803.jpg

You need lifters for your Johnson?

1 person likes this

Posted

Hey guys, finally back in action, we got flooded out really badly two weekends ago Nation wide disaster, lost almost everything in the house. Was able to save the wife and kid, a bed, the fridge, some clothes, my scoot and the dogs. My folks two streets over only have the clothes on their backs, nothing else. They got over 4 feet of water through the house compared to my 3. Been a real tough one, only got the family back in the house last night. It's gonna be a slow come back.

Posted

That's bad bud, sorry for the loss of your house, your alive and that's the important part.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hey guys, finally back in action, we got flooded out really badly two weekends ago Nation wide disaster, lost almost everything in the house. Was able to save the wife and kid, a bed, the fridge, some clothes, my scoot and the dogs. My folks two streets over only have the clothes on their backs, nothing else. They got over 4 feet of water through the house compared to my 3. Been a real tough one, only got the family back in the house last night. It's gonna be a slow come back.

Damn Bro what happened

At least you were able to save the most important thing.. the Scoot!!

I had a hot eater tank blow while I was diving in Fiji and Hot water dumped in the house for days with nobody home.a nightmare to come home too

1 person likes this

Posted

You need lifters for your Johnson?

Lol, Ha I was waiten for that one. Big Johnson made in the USA!!!!!

Posted

He's old, needs some Johnson lifter hahaha

Posted

I've been working on building up the GX200 engine on my POS Ty-Rail gokart. I've also been maintaining my first car:

100_4922.thumb.JPG.03a56cb806fc344dcbf3f

100_4975.thumb.JPG.beb58049cb83b51662c96

100_4983.thumb.JPG.67a2cccf212507f51b73b

100_4526.thumb.JPG.16a8d9da30c8d9b0607aa

Pic-10312018-002.thumb.jpg.604c6ebd0c2c0

Pic-07192018-001.thumb.jpg.9804277648f8a

2 people like this

Posted

The older jeep wagoners were a good machine, lots up by us, used for fishing and back roading , in line 6 motors run forever.

Posted

The older jeep wagoners were a good machine, lots up by us, used for fishing and back roading , in line 6 motors run forever.

I've always loved these Cherokees. Too bad they went off the deep end with their new Subaru that has Jeep emblems. This particular one has 178k and still holds that sweet 4.0 tune. My only complaint is the 13 MPG.

My next car (or should I say dream car for awhile) would ideally be a 2-door, hardtop JK Wrangler with a 3.6L and any transmission with less than 8 speeds.:wtf:

Posted

That's bad bud, sorry for the loss of your house, your alive and that's the important part.

Thats for sure Fidy, can't ask for more than that, reminds us that in this life the material doesn't matter. Don't mess with my scoot though, lol

Damn Bro what happened

At least you were able to save the most important thing.. the Scoot!!

I had a hot eater tank blow while I was diving in Fiji and Hot water dumped in the house for days with nobody home.a nightmare to come home too

Man we were only supposed to have two days of rain due to an ITCZ, which is usual. Turned into three days of a non stop poo storm. I personally blame the wife, we got flooded on her birthday. This could have been a lot worse, the water started to come up in the roads around 11pm, by 2am the beds were covered. We were lucky I was up and started to try and organize everything. The roads were impassable so I couldn't get the car out. I haven't gotten my jack stands as yest so I jacked the car on two heights of concrete blocks. The car still got water over the seats, but I saved the ECU. Scoot was lifted onto an old couch in the garage, water came up a few inches below the breather for the transmission. Fridge on blocks, raised our bed using the dining room chairs, water still came up to the top of the boxing. We had 3 feet of water in under an hour and a half. We spent the night on the bed, but when I saw water was still rising, I evacuated the wife and daughter. Water in the road came up to chest height at the start, by the time I turned the corner to get to the neighbour's 2 story house water cut just over my shoulder with some of the craziest currents I ever felt. Had to take some really short steps, holding the daughter over my head. 

I'm not sure what would happen to us if we ever got hit by a tropical storm or even worse a hurricane. Other places across the country got water to the roof. A real mess. I don't fuss much, I'm grateful I can at least rebuild, we have a lot of support from friends and family (you all included). Got up this morning with the urge to modify the stock variator, but I need a new bearing for my dremel.

1 person likes this