CDI test

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys, I got a kick out of doing this video, and actually learned something...

1 person likes this

Posted

You would never think that they would make that much differance in a small motor, 5 sec is pretty damn good. If I subscribe do I get a T shirt hahahaha

Posted (edited)

My Clock showed 14 second's to get from 0- 40mph with Stock CDI, 14 seconds to get from 0-40 on Performance CDI and the last Run on the Racing Cdi was also 14 seconds. the last run started at 5:54 and hit 40mph at 6:08 I came up with the same times using the timer on the video itself.. :dunno:

Do you have a timing light to throw at her and video the possible time it advances, how soon it advances and how much?

Edited by pistonguy

Posted

Great video as usual, I got the stock CDI best time at 15 secs (first run), Orange CDI at 14 sec (1st run) and the blue "racing CDI at 11secs (first run)

All the 2nd runs are slower, the blue had the greatest variance with 2-3secs as compared to the stock (2 sec variance) and orange (1 sec variance)

nevertheless, great video, I agree with Piston, I would like to see a timing light to see the change in the timing curve.