Had a bad crash yesterday

19 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey gang, my luck is at it again, had a bad crash yesterday at night, hit a pedestrian with the handlebar, little girl in her late teens looked like, I believe she just got bruises, she was walking on the road on the inside of a close twisty, it was on a road without public lights, I didn't see her until i was a meter or less from her, couldn't even hit the brakes, I managed to lean the bike a bit the opposite way, but the right handlebar cought her shoulder and knocked her down, she hit her head when she fell down, she was conscious but in pain, she was able to move her arm and I couldn't see blood, hopefully she just got bruises and nothing serious.

After the crash my instinct was to secure the zone, the adrenaline rush helped me drag the bike to the side of the road to avoid another crash, because I hit her with the handlebar the bike fell down to the left lane and crushed my left leg, I believe I dislocated my knee, I will have X rays today and see how it looks.

The bike got a scratch on the tank, both plastic tank air scoops are broken, and the forks are out of alignment, nothing serious, that bike is a tank!!.

Posted

Oh hell man that's not good, bikes can be fixed as long as you and the girl are ok, 

1 person likes this

Posted

yikes. hope all is well.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I talked with the girl's father, she's fine, just a couple of bruises, nothing serious, we are alright. The girl was walking on that road because the bus skipped her stop, she had to walk back to her stop. 

Edited by ricardoguitars

Posted

Glad your both ok, that could have been way worse.

1 person likes this

Posted

well that sucks Ricky, get well soon and all that..

I would strongly suggest for your type of world and committing the way you do to upgrade the lights in one of several ways.

honda-xr650l-hid-kits

honda-xr650l-led-headlight-kit

Honda-XR650R.asp

I suppose nuthin to do right now but get comfortably numb tonight.

:beer2: cheers m-8

2 people like this

Posted

well that sucks Ricky, get well soon and all that..

I would strongly suggest for your type of world and committing the way you do to upgrade the lights in one of several ways.

honda-xr650l-hid-kits

honda-xr650l-led-headlight-kit

Honda-XR650R.asp

I suppose nuthin to do right now but get comfortably numb tonight.

:beer2: cheers m-8

Yep, the stock light sucks, I need surgery, so I guess I will be off the road for a while, enough time to upgrade the lights. 

Posted

Ouch, sorry to hear that bud, hope it ain't to serious. 

1 person likes this

Posted

damn bro really sorry to hear, glad you and the young lady are safe. We've lost two riders in two weeks down here. Really grim at the moment. Get some rest and heal up. 

1 person likes this

Posted

The docs checked the X-ray images yesterday, he says I don't need surgery, there is no fracture, just a swollen knee and ankle, the MX boots did their job, I just need to take pills for a few days and I will be alright, in 2 or 3 weeks I will be back on the saddle again. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Well that's great news, 

1 person likes this

Posted

Thats great to hear, still take it easy and take your time to recover.

1 person likes this

Posted

Ric, so sorry to hear that happened to you. Get well soon bro.

1 person likes this

Posted

Hey gang, my leg is getting better each day, today I was able to commute on the 90cc ST Chinese clone, leg is not strong enough yet to support the Pig, commuting on car last week was a nightmare, 2+ hours stuck in a traffic jams every day!!!. The little bugger can cruise at 60kmph all day long, that thing is tougher than it looks, and just $3 worth of gas, lol

2 people like this

Posted

I remember my 110 trail, wish I hadn't sold that at times, had the high and low range trany, low range was like riding a goat, but for around town it was great.

1 person likes this

Posted

I remember my 110 trail, wish I hadn't sold that at times, had the high and low range trany, low range was like riding a goat, but for around town it was great.

This one has 4 speeds, it is clutchless and you shift downwards, N1234, 1st gear is a little tractor, you can take off on 2nd gear. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Mine was the same but had high range and a low range, 4 speed no clutch, low range 4th gear was like maybe 30 mph hahaha great little bike.

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm back on the pig again, the little 90cc is still in one piece after a few weeks of commute, that little thing has proven to be though, an oil change is all it needed.

1 person likes this

Posted

Great to hear it Ricardo, be safe bud, take it easy for a while.

1 person likes this