Diego is coming!

27 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

A storm cometh, a state of emergency has been declared for NC, 12+ inches predicted  followed by ice..

Walmart was cleared of bread by this afternoon,water also cleaned out. its Armageddon!!!!!!!

Its only supposed to be a 24-36 hour event and these people are in all out panic buying enough food and supplies for weeks.

There out spraying Brine on the roads this afternoon and its supposed to Rain Saturday late before it snows, Im pretty sure that will wash the Brine away..

My pantry and liquor cabinet are always well stocked and I have one of these things just incase.

IMG_1930.jpg

Edited by pistonguy
2 people like this

Posted

We had 36 to 48 inches of snow in 24 hours up North one year before I started heading down south, we all went to work and had a hoot in our 4×4s getting there, but when it's more the norm you kind of get use to it, I kind of get a kick out of the panic when some places get 2 inches of snow and there not prepared,  be safe bud, looks like you at least have power,  and I'm sure you have some shine to warm up your coffee. Cheers 

Posted

If you have food and liquor, you should be alright. :cool:

Posted

Generac is a great idea.

Posted (edited)

Act #1

The old cooter i look after son wants d to use the Bobcat Skid Steer to move a tree that will for sure fall across the driveway once the wet snow starts.

Whell he got as far as my Cabin with a huge cloud of White smoke behind him,  White smoke = Water.

Here we go its 30 outside and this thing is full of water, so Im the dumb arse who no's anything about this instead of the mo mo son cranking the battery dead.

Pull the filter and dump the water then remove the fuel lines and crank the motor till clean fuel come out the top of the injection pump. Install lines leaving them loose up top at the injectors to bleed up there.

Look at the Milk that was in the Injection Pump..

Folks crack me up on being afraid of Diesels, and crazy fear to ever crack the Fuel lines loose..om were going to loose the prime, ya you already did thats why were doing what were doing, just do it, its cold and I wanna go inside..

Boom!!!!! she fires and were off..

IMG_1931.jpg

Edited by pistonguy
2 people like this

Posted

Often white smoke is a bad injector also, I have a water separater in my fuel filter for my Cummins,  crap fuel can make mine go into limp mode, not fun.

Posted (edited)

Act #2,

And so it begins!

Bout time, lets get this party started!:cheers:

Edited by pistonguy

Posted

We had rain yesterday, that's a big deal in Arizona, how you doing bud.

Posted (edited)

Act #3

we gotta a little snow storm going on.

6+ inches and blowing near 25mph..

They don't have the capacity to plow the roads to well so they get hard packed, thats fine to drive on but the hard pack turns to solid ice in short order and yer done..

Supposed to change over to freezing rain later..

so just staying put and enjoying the show..

IMG_1932.jpg

IMG_1934.jpg

Shiba's first snow, she 9 months or so female Doberman and going completely crazy in the snow.

IMG_1933.jpg

IMG_1938.jpg

Edited by pistonguy
2 people like this

Posted

Looks like doggy dog likes the snow, man I sure don't miss that white stuff, golfed today in shorts, was 70, hope you fair well bud.

Posted

Freezing rain for several hours last night, packed the snow down and put a nice glaze on it..

Back to big flake snow flurries this morning.

Everything is closed, if a road is plowed its generally one lane only, 1,500+ power outages in my and surrounding counties, I'm stocked up good so no reason to try and go anywhere..

IMG_1939.jpg

Posted

You should get yourself one of these kits:

Posted (edited)

Renner out of Florida, his mother manages the Mini Olympics amateur mx national at Gator back park in Gainesville a really big event with entires in excess of 3,000, we've met and I supported the boy in the past

Great suggestion Ricky butThis is more my style..

1037755756.jpg

Edited by pistonguy
2 people like this

Posted

Yup I'm with Piston on this one, I don't even mind the snowmobile hahahaha

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Mid to low 20's tonight means the now sloppy snow will freeze and make the local roads even worse in the morning..

All Schools in my three county area are closed again tomorrow, many businesses have a late start time if open at all  

Edited by pistonguy

Posted

Take advantage of the situation.

e86fc51d-c331-49f1-b7b5-e03bd0da3e35.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

I was watching the storm on the weather channel this morning, looks nasty bud, Ricardo that's a normal fridge in my home town hahaha, except the snow would be right up to the top of the door.

1 person likes this

Posted

And on the third day we have sun, sunny and 26 to start the day.

The sun will work on the bare spots on the roads so by this afternoon be able to get out..

IMG_1941.jpg

Posted

Damn, you guys really ahve some hard weather changes to deal with. It sucks that you aren't able to ride year round. Come down to Trinidad some time, I'll get something for you to ride.

Posted

That looks better, the sun is always nice to see.

Posted (edited)

Damn, you guys really ahve some hard weather changes to deal with. It sucks that you aren't able to ride year round. Come down to Trinidad some time, I'll get something for you to ride.

Yup Hurricanes to Winter Blizzards, From were I was born and raised Im not complaining about one weather event per winter.

bcy I love the islands,  I love diving and just being underneath or on the Ocean, Spicy island women, love to try the Curry and I bet there is great King Fish and Wahoo to be had..

I made it in Wally world late yesterday, wow looked like a storm hit the store nearly all the Bacon and Pallets of Dog food were gone among other items. cruzed over to Food Lion a regional grocery store and there was a poor sap on a Tao Tao 50cc licker sickle, he had a open face helmut with a surgical mask on for the cold.

Switched it up with some Chinese takeout..

Edited by pistonguy
1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Damn.... It sucks that you aren't able to ride year round....

This storm missed me in the great white north. We normally end up with about 120" of snow every winter. I do ride year round though-as long as the roads aren't snow covered or slushy. The salt spray washes right off, and I have good cold weather gear.

Edited by minimac
1 person likes this

Posted

Someone took a pic of Piston coming back from walmart.

FB_IMG_1544754082018.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

Fiddy it was a real surprise running into you at Walmart, a bit awkward I must admit but still a real treat..

people-of-walmart-19.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

Ya I felt bad also, didn't know you dressed like that, hahahaha