Official Christmas Thread

24 posts in this topic

Posted

Im making the call, till the 2nd of the new year everything you eat is at free and 0 calories and non alc. so enjoy your life and over indulge, we have a great excuse.

Im off to spend the 50th and last Christmas at the homestead with Mom in a couple hours, she's 85 and the big house has got to go.

So Im trying to beat the coming snow in the mountains thru Virginia and West Virginia up the gauntlet of I-77 corridor. awls some type of weather this time of year Im I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

So hard drinkers drinks hard. 

Cheers m8's

:cheers:

us-interstate-77-map.jpg

IMG_1300.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

Safe trip bud, have a Merry Christmas.

Posted

Have a nice trip, and don't lock yourself out your car again. 

:Crazy_431:

1 person likes this

Posted

Cheers Piston, stay safe.

Posted

Ho ho ho

scooter girl christmas wish.jpg

2 people like this

Posted

Boys and Girls I keep the ol Interceptor In a high state of tune,aux,led, cb with weather alert. Rain-x cleaner and rain x windshield wiper fluid and the Detroit locker keeps her straight but that 511 miles was Work!..hard driving rain with 30-39 winds, snow flurries, snow squalls, back to rain and winding thru the mountains in that snit ya can't use cruze control so its peddling that Interceptor Hard for hours..

I hit up a Truck stop for that Brazilian Bold coffee, a 24 oz'r... thats what ISIS drinks, liquid Meth, ill be up for three days..

2 people like this

Posted

FB_IMG_1545498906423.jpg

Posted

05439b84ac5cbe542e8c3695ed502901.jpg

santa-on-a-dirt-bike.jpg

biker-chick-waits-fo-2w.jpg

Posted (edited)

Similia to a Aj Foyt scheme,

At the Indiana state fair grounds on a Indiana night, USAC sprinter SBC, Kinsler mechanical fuel injection on Methanol..

e3c254c1832671f363274b3c80dc9a40.jpg

a Offy on Methanol. Meyer-Drake engineering

a39a1f4658fe6836925fca7dfa2863bd.jpg

Edited by pistonguy
1 person likes this

Posted

And a Major score on some Christmas Tamales, I had one shot at one place I know I would be the only Gringo in the place and before noon almost all the five pots you see were almost empty.

IMG_1948.jpg

and a attached Taqueria next door has the best Tacos, Burritos and soups made to order. the real deal.

IMG_1950.jpg

Posted

Excellent,  love Mexican,  

Posted (edited)

And check out the bad ars Burrito they made me.. Mixta's, Chorizo and El Pastor...

It must weigh over 2lbs..

IMG_1952.jpg

Edited by pistonguy

Posted

Rain-x cleaner and rain x windshield wiper fluid and the Detroit locker keeps her straight but that 511 miles was Work!..hard driving rain with 30-39 winds, snow flurries, snow squalls, back to rain and winding thru the mountains in that snit ya can't use cruze control so its peddling that Interceptor Hard for hours.

I've been wanting to make a snow/mild offroad machine out of my XJ for awhile. I was kinda put off by reviews saying Detroit lockers were terrible in the snow because of the hard locking/unlocking of the faster wheel. I've been considering an elocker or a limited slip for just the rear. I would keep the front open. What would you recommend Piston?

Posted

I had an old 1977 ford f250 pickup 4x4, had positrack in the rear and limited slip in the front don't remember if they were mechancel or clutch rear ends , but hell could drive through 3 feet of snow all day long, was like a tank, use to skid 3 ft butts by 30 to 40 foot long logs out of the bush for fire woods, high and low range transfer case and 4 speed trany, only problem was it got 10 miles per gallon empty or loaded, one tough old truck for winter, my Dodge cummins diesel beats it hands down for power and MPG but truck wise no comparison.

1 person likes this

Posted

Merry Christmas too all!

:christmas:

Posted

Got a pair of jeans and a bottle of homemade eggnog. What did you get?. 

Posted

Its came marked Fra-gi-le so I think its French...

leg_lamp.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

I've been wanting to make a snow/mild offroad machine out of my XJ for awhile. I was kinda put off by reviews saying Detroit lockers were terrible in the snow because of the hard locking/unlocking of the faster wheel. I've been considering an elocker or a limited slip for just the rear. I would keep the front open. What would you recommend Piston?

Marketing departments have put a whole bunch of names on things like Posi-Tractin back in the day then became Limited Slip from GM, Ford uses Trac-Lok in one place and in some option choices call it a Detroit Locker.

I think the locking device your referring to is this for a Dana 60 rear end.

spartanlocker.jpg

Now look how marketing attached a whole bunch of names.

16100_608.htm

The above is more what I have in my Interceptor and in my  91 Silverado. a Clutch type limited slip Detroit Locker by Eaton corp.

Eaton axle was a very long time customer of my father, they were out of Cleveland..

Edited by pistonguy
1 person likes this

Posted

GM 8.5" Limited slip in my Silverado. 

She's No One Wheel Squeeeeeel!!!!

s-l1000.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Marketing departments have put a whole bunch of names on things like Posi-Tractin back in the day then became Limited Slip from GM, Ford uses Trac-Lok in one place and in some option choices call it a Detroit Locker.

I think the locking device your referring to is this for a Dana 60 rear end.

spartanlocker.jpg

Now look how marketing attached a whole bunch of names.

16100_608.htm

The above is more what I have in my Interceptor and in my  91 Silverado. a Clutch type limited slip Detroit Locker by Eaton corp.

Eaton axle was a very long time customer of my father, they were out of Cleveland..

The jeep world calls that a "lunchbox locker" but it's really a cheap way to get a Detroit locker typology. If I would go with the Detroit style, I'd get the true Detroit instead of the lunchbox. Stock my Jeep still has the Dana 30 in front and the 35 in the rear:046:. I'm thinking of getting G2 Dana 44's for the front and rear and they have some options for lockers or LSDs installed.

Posted

This is what's in my pickup 11.5 limited slip, touch the brakes and both tires drive,  mechanical clutch, no additives. 

40099548-2.jpg

Posted (edited)

K Fiddy what was it for boxing day? a?

prollay bogarting a huge stash of Canadian wild caught Smoked Salmon.

And a hoard of Elk for sure

Edited by pistonguy

Posted

Standard stuff when you get the Cummins in Canada, tow package.