Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

CDI's ... A/C, D/C and all that goes with.....

34 posts in this topic

Posted

thhats what I been think since the package came the 1st time.. called them and they shipped out the same thing again letting me keep both. both don't work so I read some forums where there is a DC system that these do not work on and require a special type CDI... was thinking that this is one of them. my stock has no rev limit to my knowledge so would I even get any extra performance form another brand CDI if I find one that works on my scoot? I ordered it when I got my engine parts so before I could only go 55-60 MPH on the stock gauge. now she goes 75-80 MPH on same gauge and I feel once tuned proper she can go faster. once I do my last break in oil change to synthetic im gonna open her all the way and see how fast I can go. I gave the 5 MPH gap cuz I feel she is off by like 5 - 7 MPH on the stock gauge.  do u sell any DC CDI that u think would work and make a difference for my set up?

maybe I can sell both the orange ones and make my money back. there is no way I could have fried them by trying them on my bike?

Your scooter does not require a "special" CDI. I am familiar with your electrical setup. It's possible the CDI scrappy sent ya is DC CDI, but maybe it's for a 2-stroke... As fa as you frying it by trying it, I have no clue. 

Your OEM CDI does in fact, have a REV LIMITER. 

Your CDI is what controls your ignition curve. A performance CDI normally has a more aggressive curve. or even better, an adjustable (or programmable) curve. And, in some instances you may want to advance or retard your curve..... 

------------------------------------

Yes, I do carry DC CDI's. This may be just what you're looking for: LINK

Are you good with computers? I have fully programmable CDI's that show your curve and allow for adjustments in real time,. Even create your own curve. You can even copy and paste existing curves, have multiple curve profiles, etc etc... They're the best CDI's you can buy and the most expensive :rofl2: Let me know if you're interested. 

Posted

Your scooter does not require a "special" CDI. I am familiar with your electrical setup. It's possible the CDI scrappy sent ya is DC CDI, but maybe it's for a 2-stroke... As fa as you frying it by trying it, I have no clue. 

Your OEM CDI does in fact, have a REV LIMITER. 

Your CDI is what controls your ignition curve. A performance CDI normally has a more aggressive curve. or even better, an adjustable (or programmable) curve. And, in some instances you may want to advance or retard your curve..... 

------------------------------------

Yes, I do carry DC CDI's. This may be just what you're looking for: LINK

Are you good with computers? I have fully programmable CDI's that show your curve and allow for adjustments in real time,. Even create your own curve. You can even copy and paste existing curves, have multiple curve profiles, etc etc... They're the best CDI's you can buy and the most expensive :rofl2: Let me know if you're interested. 

yes I am interested, ill add that to my shopping list for Friday when I order the stator combo... I am decent with computers, does it have directions to how to program it? and hmm that's interesting that it has a rev limit. I figured that it might not. because it seems to rev up much higher than I would expect for a stock.

Posted (edited)

yes I am interested, ill add that to my shopping list for Friday when I order the stator combo... I am decent with computers, does it have directions to how to program it? and hmm that's interesting that it has a rev limit. I figured that it might not. because it seems to rev up much higher than I would expect for a stock.

Heya, just wanted to clarify in case I confused ya, the one that is programmable VIA computer is not the one I linked to. I have a very limited supply of the computer programmable CDI's 

There are directions, but it's a poor translation from Chinese and you kind of have to figure a few things out... But they're pretty simply to figure out to use. 

I'm going to create a new thread about the programmable CDI  - Here it is: LINK

Edited by DMartin95

Posted

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I finally did get around to uploading the 18 pole stator to my store... :ok: 

Here's a link .... BTW, I'm only sharing that I got around to it, we'll stick to our original plan. 

Posted

Oh yeah, forgot to mention, I finally did get around to uploading the 18 pole stator to my store... :ok: 

Here's a link .... BTW, I'm only sharing that I got around to it, we'll stick to our original plan. 

yes I actually saw the new additions to the store.. and noticed the stators too..  I checked last night for some wish list items and saw the upgraded website.. nice work, I like how u spelled out some of the item uses for easy buying.. oh was the CDI that I was looking up and browsed thru the rest.

Posted

Heya Bub,

Without a doubt, your stock CDI is DC. No question about it. 

That Orange CDI looks like it's an A/C CDI. It looks too small...  I have never seen a DC CDI that small, and I have seen A LOT of them. 

But take note, Scrappydogs is an honest business and if they're selling AC CDI's, as DC units, it's a listing error or bad info provided to them. You may want to contact them again and explain the scenario. 

so i contacted scrappy and they are gonna send me a 3rd CDI but an AC one as a test for there own peace of mind. so they are really doing all they can to help me figure out whats going on with my system. i explained the set up and they also agree that it sounds like a DC system. anyways thats 2 CDI units that they sent me now since i bought the 1st one. ill let u know how that one works out. but before i buy a programmable one i will wait to see if this system could possibly be a AC set up. ill keep u posted.

Posted

I think my brain exploded but I pretty goood idea ofwhat I have to do now . the shop lights are going back on as soon as I can find my keys thanks for your detailed descriptions Im likely to need the blue cdi in the near future i believethe one Im taking on fixing next is fried gy6 150 powermax shoot me an email with a price im in blacksburg sc so its a good chance ill be paying for shipping.

Posted

Glad ya found the information useful....

If ya have any more questions, just fire 'em off... I'll be in touch tomorrow about the CDI. :ok: 

Posted

I bumped this good info..