Trikes

132 posts in this topic

Posted

I got a 2015 Zodiac by Ice Bear I did name her NellyBelle. If you ever watched Roy Rodgers show years ago Pat Brady was the one with the jeep and he was always working on her. It seems I always have a new project like install remote start and alarms,radio.tack, you name it i'm doing it. My wife took neelybelle  out for a ride I think she like her. I may be looking for another one for me LOL .  One thing for sure Lock tight is my best friend I don't leave home with out it LOL.

Posted

I got a 2015 Zodiac by Ice Bear I did name her NellyBelle. If you ever watched Roy Rodgers show years ago Pat Brady was the one with the jeep and he was always working on her. It seems I always have a new project like install remote start and alarms,radio.tack, you name it i'm doing it. My wife took neelybelle  out for a ride I think she like her. I may be looking for another one for me LOL .  One thing for sure Lock tight is my best friend I don't leave home with out it LOL.

Is this like your's? 

52e1c48bae3a22331900001e.jpg?width=770&q

Does your trike have a 300cc???? 

How fast does it go? Is it stable at high speeds? Can you put a trailer hitch on it? Can you drive it on the interstate? Sorry for the barge of questions, but that trike is awesome!!!

My mom is a "bigger" person and has been looking into getting a trike... She's not very mobile, how easy it to get on/off? She was wanting a trike with a walk through opening...

Man, that trike is fricking sweet!!!  Post Pics, Post PICS!!!!:torch:

Posted

Yes burgundy  I did a lot of lock tight  and also took off rear trunk put on a Harley trunk with back rest for wife. It holds two helmets with full face shields. Speed I got so far 67 my weight is 245 .    It has lots of guts I live in Smoky mountains  not a lot of flat land and it not a problem. As far as getting on and off if my wife can do it with bad knees anyone should be able. It's got a section cut away to get on easy. My buddies Harley trike is a bear he has to grab his pants leg and lift leg over it to on not my cup of tea.  My any problem I think my wife is taking a like to my NellyBell and may need to buy another one for me LOL. Not broken in yet and twike here and there  I believe it could do better then 75.  But would I no way cruse-ing 45 to 50 i'm happy camper.  

Forgot yes 300 cc, better watch  out you may not want to give her it you will want it for sure  LOL it happening to me ha ha

Posted

My  wife love our trike I will need to find another one but a friend said He saw one at a use car lot, going to see what kind it is but looking at pictures on his phone looks like a 150 cc, with kick start and rear fenders are put on separate time will tell when they are open monday .

Posted

Well I new it she likes it so much she told me it's not NellyBelle new Name is LadyBug. She then told me it's time I got my own.  I just finished ordering   New white Zodiac and they are doing the PDI it will take a couple weeks extra so what I steel LadyBug LOL. I should have never told her to try it out, me and my big mouth oh heck now we have a his & Her family LOL its only money right and life is to short.:bop::grouphug:

1 person likes this

Posted

Well I new it she likes it so much she told me it's not NellyBelle new Name is LadyBug. She then told me it's time I got my own.  I just finished ordering   New white Zodiac and they are doing the PDI it will take a couple weeks extra so what I steel LadyBug LOL. I should have never told her to try it out, me and my big mouth oh heck now we have a his & Her family LOL its only money right and life is to short.:bop::grouphug:

You're getting a second Trike? Sweet :rockon:  We're going have to nominate you are resident Trike expert! 

Me and my wife got scoots to ride together...  We go out for cruises many times with no destination... Just go for the ride... We got two way intercoms and it's a blast...

You know what they say "Couples who play together, stay together".:bathfun:

You two will have a blast together and I suspect you're going to find it's one of the best purchases you've made... Having a riding partner is awesome. 

I can't wait to see the Pictures! 

BTW, do these Trikes come with Hitches? If not, can they be installed?

Posted

I been married 45 years trust and love does it trking is just  a plus we do have intercoms  just not set up yet. While they don't have hitches they can be added very easy. I will be looking in to posting soon. Karen name m bike Lady Bug my tag name will go to new bike NelylBelle  will return on a white Zodiac can't wait for sure.  Happy trails remember Ro Rodgers shoe?  Guess i'm showing my age LOL.

Posted

I been married 45 years trust and love does it trking is just  a plus we do have intercoms  just not set up yet. While they don't have hitches they can be added very easy. I will be looking in to posting soon. Karen name m bike Lady Bug my tag name will go to new bike NelylBelle  will return on a white Zodiac can't wait for sure.  Happy trails remember Ro Rodgers shoe?  Guess i'm showing my age LOL.

Yep, I don't even know who Ro Rodgers is... LOL ...

I have a question about these Trikes... How reliable is the reverse? I have seen quite a few threads on other forums with people complaining about the reverse not working properly... Have you experienced this problem?

Posted

My reverse works fine I did have to fine tune it. Reverse has be fixed but mine or should I say wife's  engaged in beginning  or should I say touchy,  Now I got it close to good from, what I seen about subject after some one open case found a bearing on other side of case, had no bearing after they put bearing in it was working. This system is not the same workings as first generation much better improvement.

Posted

Well Ice Bear sent me a picture to adjustment for reverse speed it turns out I was adjusting wrong end of half. Why it works that way who care it gos into reverse beautifully heck it's like a new bike heck wife will be really very grateful  Hey maybe I will get lucky tonight LOL

1 person likes this

Posted

It seems like you picked a good brand.... I can't tell ya the amount of threads I read where Trike owner couldn't get their reverse to work..... 

What other review can you do of the Zodiac? How has it been mechanically? 

Can't wait to see the Pics of the new Trike...!!!!

I've seen a few pics on the net, but those are only profile pics.... 

Posted

I would like to give you some Life experience I being a maintenance machinist. In real terms I fixed high end speed equipment. meaning if no parts were available for machine still has to produce. I make the part or  re designed. Now I took the Zodiac apart as much as I needed to see working everything I seen was up to snuff, Yes everything you buy can be in proved. 1 thing I see on Zodiac which I will put on is a automatic chain tension-er nothing more then a pulley on a arm preloaded with a spring. Frame solid disk brakes more then adequate, Front tire needs improvement would like to see a 14 inch rim give more clearance 3 inches right now not much. Then other thing which I will do is put in some thing  in like a fuel door spring loaded to be able to check oil right.  It would be mounted a top side of running board over top of dip stick , now you lay on ground and struggle to get to oil screw. But all in all its a great designed piece of equipment for the money.   Remember you get what you pay for  but in this case you really get a great deal.  By the way as far as engine and cvt  they been around for a while nothing new there and also the Asians have there's for years, this is the way they travel 

1 person likes this

Posted

As Far as reverse problems what you been reading I think they were the 150 cc's Trikes and everything I read was problem Ice Bear for some un know reason only put in 1 bearing on other side of case there was none ,but people got same bearing that was on one side and put it in other side i case as far as I heard that solved the reverse problem. Why Ice Bear didn't do it who knows. But there answer was to put the reverse in engine case  and yes it does work. I might have be a cost saving measure or a assembly time savings.

1 person likes this

Posted

yes, you're correct... Most people that had problems with reverse owned 150cc ICE bear trikes.... I can't recall for certain, but I think it was Alleyoops and and Hayseed that I'm thinking of.....

What made you select Ice Bear? have you tested out TaoTao's or any other brands? What ultimately led you to the Ice Bear brand of trikes? 

BTW, how much longer before that PDI is done??? I want to see some pics!!!! :ok: 

Posted

They told me it would take 2 weeks so that would be around the 29 th of this month. To tell you the truth there isn't much information on trike in this 300 cc, except reverse trikes. I did look at Harley  D  well 35,000 is out of question and I wanted a automatic and water cooled.  I looked the more Ice Bear came up with my specs. I didn't like the reverse trike thinking I only have one strong arm. the other was crust but has limited use thinking it would just take to much energy I want fun not work.    Like I said did check out specs and like what I saw and 4,000 was a great price and If I didn't like it I just would sell it and around DollyWood area in TN it wouldn't take long to sell. As a matter a fact Many already said they would like to get one. I hoping they will ship after  or on the 29th and should be here in 4 days August 4 th but pictures will be coming for sure and wife is not getting on it LOL.

Posted

my new white one left CA 25 th should be her soon getting like a kid for Christmas.

Posted

Just got call It should be here on Thursday 30th  between 4 or 5  can't wait.

Posted

Well my new trike show up sort of the tail gate wasn't large enough so he took it back to loading dock it looks like I will be heading to Knoxville TN with a trailer tomorrow to get it myself. I bet they wont '  give a refund even through it was paid extra for home deliver extra 75 dollars. I can't believe shipper could have seen how large it was and sent a suitable truck for delivery thats    SALA trucking company 

Posted

I call the 800 number and let they know what I was thinking about a trucking company coming out with 1,000 pound crate  to a home delivery and had no way to get it off. They even charged a extra fee for that service what we they thinking mighty mouse was here to save the day. Don't thing so LOL. Sorry had to vent stupidity is just running a muck  and just think it's going to get worse after the younger generation take sorry If I offended any one just venting     

Posted

What a major Bummer! 

I had almost the exact same-thing happen to me over the winter...  I had ordered 3 TaoTao scooters because I was going to start a scooter rental business (it went south),

Anyhow, R&L shipping had sent the scooters out with no way to get them off the truck... Luckily, I did have a mighty mouse... My neighbor was home and he has a tractor with a front bucket.... We were able to chain the crates to the bucket and get it off... Had my neighbor not been there, like you, I would have had to go and pick them up from the Shipping terminal. 

So go and get that beauty picked up!!! Let see some pics already!!! :acool: 

Posted

We just got it had to remove the pitiful crate it was in just rolled off trailer. As far as the PDI it was also sorry I will be going over everything finding bolts ready to come off ad bolts missing. But it,s got the warranty now to get lock tight and tools by weekend it should be ready to ride. I will post picture of trike tomorrow.To hot to finish up tonight. 

1 person likes this

Posted

Well we are a family of Trikes for sure white is mine , red is my wife's so his &her family LOL   

100_0199.JPG

100_0200.JPG

100_0201.JPG

100_0202.JPG

100_0203.JPG

Posted

Did you every get the feeling things were about to go wrong big time. When my white one come on truck driver tells me he can't get it off, ramp on truck too small that should have been a warning of things to come. PDI by Pacific Rim international west which is Ice bear.  Bolts missing, Won't go into reverse unless you wiggly and shake shift lever,check the chain found it so tight you can play a tune on it, come in with 125 miles on it, Found shifter linkage has more the a quarter slack  or more on shaft to gear box, oil dip stick has o ring missing,when they installed trunk left more screws out. Battery cover not on one screws missing to cover. And when you it in gear you hear a bang, Caled them and they had me send about 16 pictures I will be opening plug to gear box to see if it has an gear fluid. There are shoulder bolts and rubber bushings which connect tail pipes to rail of frame this is to keep rattle down and reduces stress on pipes. Well they didn't put them on just put nuts and bolts. If you wonder how I know this I git a red one 1 month before and I install all the parts. I had a long talk with them in detail they know I know whats going on I did tell them they new retraining for people how work for them Like I said the blind leading the blind he will call me i morning if he don't I will for sure. I got title tonight wondering in I should register it.

Posted

How'd I miss the above post! I've been looking forward to seeing the new trikes, the side by side of the two is just awesome...... I can for sure see myself having a pair of those in the future....

I'm so jealous..... I've never even drove a trike yet... Them things look like so much fun... :acool: !!!!!!!!!!!

----------------------------------------

As to the Trike arriving without a proper PDI, I feel your pain brother... Here I am, I grown arse man, but when I received my TaoTao Quantum Tour 150cc with most of the panels damaged, I almost felt like crying..... And really, not so much because the the condition which I know can be repaired, It's more I knew how much extra work I was going to have go through to get the company I purchased from to work with me...... It took me seriously 3 months before I finally received all the plastic fairings..... 

I so sympathize with what you're dealing with... But the upside is, by the time you get everything sorted out, you know everything is going done right.... What's that ole' saying, if ya want something done right, ya gotta do it yourself.... So, you can at least find a little comfort in that... Don't worry my friend.... you'll have her up in tip top condition in no time.... Just take the plunge and register it.... You got good plastic, the rest can worked out... :rockon: 

Anyhow... Even with the hicups, I think you got a major score... Them Trikes are beautiful.....

I look forward to hearing about your adventures traveling as a couple... Get some pics and share when ya find some great scenery spots... I was thinking of adding on sub-section for "Memorable rides" / "Spots to vist" / "Scooter run" .... people can post pics of their journeys....

Posted

You bet it will be fixed I got title last night I will have it on road sometime today but will have some work before it there. School Mon and Tues then we will be legal on road can't wait we are raring to go for sure. I statement I was making just because you have it PDI do your own and make sure you just never know.