Trikes

132 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello good people of this forum. Got a couple of questions for all of you or some of you. I have a 2014 Icebear Zodiac 300cc and I've seen a different trunk on one red bike here. I have the regular, round one, but I like that square with back rest. Could you tell me which one is used and where can I acquire one? Another question - I'm 6'2" and sometimes stretching my legs while riding is a problem. Has anyone thought or might give any suggestions on how I can put highway pegs (and where to attach them) so I can fully stretch my legs while riding. All responses are welcome and appreciated. Thanks much!

Posted

I found my 2 on e bay a white and a black with a back rest. As far as the pegs you are on your own I am 6 foot never needed any thing like that. but if you do post what you found. But remember there is a great deal if plastic so you will need to remove fine your pegs add to frame cut open the area needed to clear your pegs good luck.

Posted

Here is another question. Has anyone ran into an issue with IceBears where you can't shift into "Forward" gear and it's just screeching and won't go forward? At this time I usually switch into Reverse, but then, when I put it in forward again it's going backwards. Takes a while and a few attempts to finally get it to switch into a right gear. Sometimes I just start in Forward and then it works like a charm, but I suspect that it'll be killing my transmission in a long run. Any suggestions or advices would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Posted

It sounds like you shift linkage is out of adjustment. but  what you may want to try shut off engine then put into forward or reverse which you want and start engine it will fall into gear. I use this all the time never any noise just goes into gear 

Posted

Ran into an issue not that long ago: right muffler pipe fell off while riding. I patched it up a little bit (just tied it to a base), but this is a temp solution and I got a quote for a new one at $260, which is a little much for me. So just wanted to ask if there are another muffler pipes I can use instead of this one or if anyone has made any modifications? I'm attaching pics of what a pipe looks like broken off, just for your viewing pleasure. If at all possible show some pictures of any mods anyone might have done, I'm more of a visual person. Thanks in advance for replies.

pipe 1.jpg

pipe 2.jpg

Posted

So just wanted to ask if there are another muffler pipes I can use instead of this one or if anyone has made any modifications? 

I've only did one trike restoration but the exhaust was one thing I did have to replace... because of where you have to mount it, there are no aftermarket direct replacements/fits.... I wound up paying right around 260 for for an IceBear exhaust.. I ordered through Rapid repair - ask for Jim - Here's a link .... He's a stand out dealer. 

One Alternative you may have is a local muffler shop. They may be able to repair your exhaust. That looks like external damage only and maybe able to be fixed very cheap by someone with a welder.

Posted

I just found this Harley muffler on Ebay. Could it possibly be the same or close to one on IceBear???

pipe 3.jpg