Post your top speed record

114 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Post your top speed records and configuration here, GPS screenshots if you have them, we all know the chinometer is very optimistic :train:

105km/h on a flat highway with moderate wind from the sides

Screenshot_2016-03-17-09-41-10.thumb.png

This is the configuration I had when I reached it:

- Engine is a 1P52QMI

- Scrappy's 59mm BBK

- Scrappy's big valve head

- Scrappy's 30mm CVK carb

- No airbox

- Dan's free flow exhaust

- Casoli AC CDI

- Orange coil

- NGK Iridium plug

- Hoca 12g sliders

- Stock clutch and variator

- 12" tires

- Gates Power Link belt

My weight is somewhere around 70 kilos + a seat bucket full of tools and spare parts.

Be smart, wear your full gear and choose a safe spot to try your top speed. :Crazy_431:

Edited by ricardoguitars

Posted

I had some saved images from last year but I can't locate them.... I'll get some shots when it gets warmer outside.... I got to go for my first ride this season, the other day :rockon:

1 person likes this

Posted

:thinking:Dan has a four valve 155 but posts no top mph:thinking:  Injected correct?

Must have several other Hot Rod Scoots:thinking:

But posts no pics or mph:thinking:

:thinking:

Holding back on what he Really has savin for a call out:thinking:

Or a  game of Poker maybe:thinking:

1 person likes this

Posted

Last word on his 155's is his does 82 or so,,the wife's only manages 75 or so if memory serves,,,and I believe him,,those yamahas (kymco built) are faster than stink

1 person likes this

Posted

Come on guys, let's see if those lawnmowers can beat mine, until someone else post a better record, I declare myself the king of GY6 :babydance:

1 person likes this

Posted

My SMAX is a Yamaha... All the specs (and top speeds) are well documented... Not to much to call out on there...  :rofl2:

Wife got me a GoPro for Christmas... I'll post some good stuff this riding season. :rockon:

And it's my turn to call PistonGuy out...... You've collected all these cool parts, boasted about engine building skills, but yet, you're still riding a stock bore 157QMJ... :poke:.... That thing should have that 61mm and 2.2mm stroker in it by now....  Time to light a fire under that ___! :rofl:  

2 people like this

Posted

:raining::bigun2:

Wow throwing it down lmao.

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Well, I pulled the 155cc 4 valve off of my sunny and put a 61mm Taida BBK on the original engine..... Tossed in an A9 cam. For the head, I chose a a true 61mm combustion chamber, but went with stock ports. I installed NCY stainless steel valves, NCY TI coated springs. Stock intake and using a CVK 24mm with #40 and a #125...

Fired it up and  and valves were tapping, revved it up and am getting backfires at high RPM's... I suspect my intake valve is too tight.... SO now I'm letting the engine cool and going to readjust the valves... I've never had this problem before, I hope these NCY, TI springs aren't screwy/janky....

I actually think both my valves need readjusting... I suspect the exhaust is producing my tap (too loose) and intake is too tight....  

The High rpm backfiring may be a fuel issue:thinking: or I'm not getting enough fuel......

Another factor is I am running a free flow air filter, stock exhaust.

I'm frustrated now.... 

Edited by DMartin95

Posted

Did you tighten the exhaust pipe properly? I got .357 like bangs because of a loose exhaust pipe. :781_rifle_shooting:

Posted (edited)

Did you tighten the exhaust pipe properly? I got .357 like bangs because of a loose exhaust pipe. :781_rifle_shooting:

As certain as I can be without stripping it out... I have a premium, thick aluminum gasket on there as well....

What drew my attention immediately is the tap....I know I have to adjust them one way or another, if It's not the valves or jetting, I will explore replacing the whole exhaust... Which I'm going to do anyways as soon as I find one that will fit. I want a true free flow exhaust. 

Edited by DMartin95

Posted

Just my ride to work no highway, flat road, tons of red lights, and plenty of wind blowing all around....

Screenshot_2016-03-23-00-26-36.png

1 person likes this

Posted

Just my ride to work no highway, flat road, tons of red lights, and plenty of wind blowing all around....

Screenshot_2016-03-23-00-26-36.png

Nice try, but you are 6 miles short :bleh:

Posted

Nice try, but you are 6 miles short :bleh:

yeah, plus i think my restricted CDI is slowing me down... oh and my Chinometer is significantly off i have come to find out. my meter read 74 MPH.. thats ALOT more than i thought it was off (figured 7-10). just ordered the programable CDI from D. i hope it works since i have tried 3 of the orange ones... DC and AC so im lost as to what i have for a set up now...

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Stock Bore

Stock Stroke.

Stock Head

Stock Cam

Stock gearing.

26mm carb/w intake.

Perf.exh.

Non Ethanol 93 oct.

Its all about the Tune!!

:babydance:

DSCN1193.JPG

Edited by pistonguy
addition
2 people like this

Posted (edited)

image.png

Edited by pistonguy
1 person likes this

Posted

ok thats better.

I think pinging valve train float to some 2Pac had something to do with my mph.

1 person likes this

Posted

RCQ must still be Breaking in that BBStroker.

Wat that Manwell say? 30,000 mile break in?

Posted

Posting top speed results is the last thing on my mind right now... I can not get this new engine build tuned right to save my life....

I have adjusted the vales 3 times and I know I have them correct for stock application (.04mm in and .06mm on the ex) and can not get it to quit tapping. I'm also getting backfire at high RPM's....Getting ready to try an O2 sensor and see if I can figure out where my air/fuel is actually at. :banghead: 

Posted

Junk valve springs at play here?

Posted

:rofl:

DSCN0604.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted

Junk valve springs at play here?

I haven't ruled it out and will investigate when I get to that point. Right now I'm in the process of checking the exhaust..... I truly despise the stock exhaust that come on all Chinese scooters. 

Other factors at play: A9 Camshaft, Stainless steel valves.... 

:dunno: ... I am suspect I have a few separate issues (backfire/tapping may not be related).

Posted (edited)

:rofl:

Them are just coated with TI. Lot of people coat their valves to help with heat transfer, hence increasing the RPM rating of the spring. But it's still, just stock springs. Same metal, same spring force, just a coating.....  I think of them as more of durable part, not so much a power enhancer. 

Edited by DMartin95

Posted

Them are just coated with TI. Lot of people coat their valves to help with heat transfer, hence increasing the RPM rating of the spring. But it's still, just stock springs. Same metal, same spring force, just a coating.....  I think of them as more of durable part, not so much a power enhancer. 

Oh I figured that out.

Some vendors actually do have the Proper Description.

I would think that NCY themselves should supply a proper label on the box, it's lying to ya and many Don't know, they think that have Ti Springs.

The inner spring appears to be less than the oe. 

I have sold Allot of PSI Valve Springs in many different markets and application's and never saw or heard of a coating like this that would do anything.

Also never had a real Valve Spring co rate a Spring in RPMS or supply a "Its good to 10,000rpm"   Oh? oh really? So Whats the Seat Pressure? Whats the Opening Pressure? Oh we don't have that number its good to 10,000rpm.  Pure Gimmickry Mumbo Jumbo Marketing Bunk.

Posted (edited)

My SMAX is a Yamaha... All the specs (and top speeds) are well documented... Not to much to call out on there...  :rofl2:

Wife got me a GoPro for Christmas... I'll post some good stuff this riding season. :rockon:

And it's my turn to call PistonGuy out...... You've collected all these cool parts, boasted about engine building skills, but yet, you're still riding a stock bore 157QMJ... :poke:.... That thing should have that 61mm and 2.2mm stroker in it by now....  Time to light a fire under that ___! :rofl:  

Your correct. i'm speed pretty thin with toys right now.    

I have decided to build a entire engine then do a swap and be back on the road in hours or a day. I just can't have it tore apart for any amount of time to do some outsourced mods. Also will be adding a oil cooler  so I will need to get from you that Case for that and bored to fit the Taida cyl.

Since I will need that case bored do you have a New opposite case to bore the pair together?

Oh ya My Stock 157qmj goes 66.3mph, How Fast is your's?:poke:

image.png

Edited by pistonguy
Addition

Posted

Yep.