Post your top speed record

114 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

This was a as  you see with a Dip at the bottom and Uphill on the other side, I can only get a 350 feet or so run at the downhill.

Theres not much level ground here in NC.   I can't pull those rpm's on a flat around here, but again not much flat around here.

This was a full tuck, see how high she goes, float the valves, spew oil, see if she blows, I don't care , like to see were the weak link was, 

image.jpeg

Edited by pistonguy

Posted

that is actually a very nice road. The next time I take her on the parkway I will have to make sure I am running the APP. I only go if I am really in a jam as there is way too much turbulence, but at least no trucks on the parkway usually I am on it only for a few miles when it happens.

Posted (edited)

My records for today, it was windy ..... but I thinkit'not bed !

Screenshot_2016-06-29-17-46-42.png

Screenshot_2016-06-29-16-28-13.png

Screenshot_2016-06-29-17-23-38.png

Edited by kiabravo
1 person likes this

Posted

:drinks_wine:

Posted

Kia Bravo you got a 50cc? That is not bad at all. Was that on flats or going down hill?  Thanks

Posted

OK! superen esto...

From Colombia!

Gy6 152qmi

152cc

• Pistón 58mm
  • cylinder head 57,4 porting
  • eje de levas A8
  • Variator NCY
  • Rollers 8 all
  • Clutch Racing fabricantes de koso
  • Gear Final 14/38
  • Carburador PE 28mm chino, no mas de 15 dolares
  • Filter K&N
  • Stroker stock
  • Powerlink 735

puede agregarme en facebook https://www.facebook.com/juanktrial

E viajado mucho en esta scooter, viajes de al menos unos 1000km Saludos desde Colombia - Bogotá 

122.png

buga.jpg

IMG_20160241_031219.png

IMG_20151221_181714.jpg

IMG_20151228_143622.jpg

IMG_20160130_130715.jpg

IMG_20160131_111753.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2016-08-12 at 3.06.17 PM (1).jpeg

1 person likes this

Posted

Sorry!

Rollers 8-11 gr y

84 OCTANOS

Posted

Welcome to the forum!

Posted

Welcome 

The pictures are great, Columbia is a beautiful country.

Very Nice Scooters.  tell us more of them.

Is that Yoshimura Exh?  looks like one of there systems.

I also like your handlebar set-up very nice.

Posted

Bienvenido 

Las imágenes son  grandes, Columbia es un país hermoso.

Muy agradable scooters. decirnos más de ellos.

Es que Yoshimura Prueba documental? se ve como uno de los sistemas de allí.

También me gusta el manillar set-up muy agradable.

Hi! thanks, sorry no speak english

Si! mi pais es muy lindo y con variedad de terrenos, muy rica en eso. Aqui hay variedad de scooter mas que todo YAHAMA BWS 2 o ZUMA son muy rapidas, pueden llegar a 150km demasiada velocidad con gasolina de 84-89 octanos maximo, También hay bastantes Gy6 pero muy pocos invierten en ellas y la mecanica para ellas aqui es pobre. Mi scooter me la ayudo a armar una persona de Puerto Rico con la configuración que el me dió.

Posted

Hi! thanks, sorry no speak english

Si! mi pais es muy lindo y con variedad de terrenos, muy rica en eso. Aqui hay variedad de scooter mas que todo YAHAMA BWS 2 o ZUMA son muy rapidas, pueden llegar a 150km demasiada velocidad con gasolina de 84-89 octanos maximo, También hay bastantes Gy6 pero muy pocos invierten en ellas y la mecanica para ellas aqui es pobre. Mi scooter me la ayudo a armar una persona de Puerto Rico con la configuración que el me dió.

Parce, que suspension utilizas en tu scooter? Yo tengo ese mismo estilo de scooter, despues de los 60km/h la suspension pierde eficiencia y se vuelve peligroso controlarla, ya llegando a los 90km/h es suicida!

Parce, which suspension do you have on your scooter? I have a scooter with the same style as yours, after 60km/h the suspension looses efficiency and it turns dangerous, when arriving 90km/h it is suicidal!

Posted

My bike goes real fast......fast to the gas station.  But seriously, I have get to 110 kph pretty easily and still have more left to go - I'm guessing 140 kph with the right conditions.  I live in the city (unsafe for everyone to drive too fast) and the country law prohibits scooters on highways, and the city is surrounded by great twisty mountain roads (which are awesome fun) it is hard to find a safe, long straight road to test the legs of my Smax.  There is one straight road on the north coast without any speed cameras but the wind gusts that come off the north sea make that a sketchy run above 100 kph.

Yesterday I was tweaking my AFR under heavy throttle to try and find a sweet spot and smooth out any transitions of power between 0-30% and 70-100% throttle position.  This was in prep for next week I get my gears changed out, after that I will ask around for a safe closed long road to test top speed out.

Posted

I keep forgetting to record a GPS measure. but with my trusty old chinometer I hit 90mph after some carb and CVT tuning. still got plenty more work to go on tuning.. still need to get some safer tires for speeds that high.. still need to get my tach to read corrextly.. with a bit more throttle to go but I backed off at that speed I would guess the real MPH would be around 75mph.. give or take.. 

I'll do a GPS test once I get all these bugs worked out.

Posted

I keep forgetting to record a GPS measure. but with my trusty old chinometer I hit 90mph after some carb and CVT tuning. still got plenty more work to go on tuning.. still need to get some safer tires for speeds that high.. still need to get my tach to read corrextly.. with a bit more throttle to go but I backed off at that speed I would guess the real MPH would be around 75mph.. give or take.. 

What is your Current Gearing?  Stock or ?

I understand your having some Tach/Instrumentation issues but what RPM do you Guestamate your hitting 75+mph?

What is your Current Gearing?  Stock or ?

I understand your having some Tach/Instrumentation issues but what RPM do you Guestamate your hitting 75+mph?

Posted

gears are not stock. I want to say 15/37 or 36.. I can't remember which one. I got from scrappy and they do not specify last gear. I counted it back when I got it. 58.5mm days. 15/37 I want to say. I'm not to good with figuring out gears. what I want is fast take off with out sacrifice to badly to top speed. since it's scary as heck at top speed losing some is not a bad thing. someone suggested 14/38. what would that change for my set up if 15/37 currently?

Posted

not sure the RPM I am hitting since I have not had a tach that's worked correct since I have had the 232cc. it's not screaming and felt comfortable at that speed so...  

when I get things sorted out I'll post more info

Posted

ok thats better.

I think pinging valve train float to some 2Pac had something to do with my mph.

Guess sometimes you just got to let her ride!  What rpm you think you got to?  On my stock 150 it says 8500 and that's about it,but I have put it close to 9000.  Synthetic oil.  I actually revved it up there when I was using standard quality 5w 30, and the valves needed to be readjusted after that.  Saw some heat marks in there, on the cam lobes, but not too bad.  Now it's 4 oz. marvel and syn 10/30.  It'll be good now, for sure. :apu:

Posted

Stock 50cc  

Top speed is on a long flat straight. 

I will get past that 50mph mark....

Screenshot_20170726-190538.png

Screenshot_20170726-192408~2.png

IMAG0036.jpg

Posted

thats an impressive speed for a stock 50cc!!!

Posted

thats an impressive speed for a stock 50cc!!!

but yet I want more....lol. 

maybe if I ditch some weight, over inflate the tires and tuck I can get fifty! 

when I finally take it apart I'll measure the bore to see if the tag matches the engine.  

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

My best run today. 

02 zuma 50 with gy6 150 swap

stock motor

very cheap home made air intake with pod filter

ssp-g 2nd gen exhaust

dr pulley variator with 13gr dr pulley sliders(still not tuned in yet

hoca clutch with yellow main spring and blue clutch springs

24mm carb 35 pilot and a main jet I drilled(which is to rich)

IMG_2301.PNG

IMG_0389.JPG

Edited by JJT
Add pic

Posted

Nice!

Your getting there..:ok:

Posted

Ya that's pretty respectable for a 50cc.

Posted

Ya that's pretty respectable for a 50cc.

He wishes

He Swapped out the 49cc for the 150cc GY-6....

Posted

Hahahahaha my bad.