Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

What to do, ...What to do......

12 posts in this topic

Posted

I've accumulated 10, gy6 50cc short case engines that all need to be rebuilt...

Also have 4, brand new 150cc's to put together, 2 50 scoots that need to be reconditioned, about 7~10 exhaust that need holes drilled for the bungs then taken to the muffler shop...Of course that involves removal of some exhaust systems...

I also have a Taida 232cc that is mine, it's a 2 valve big head... Not water cooled, not 4 valve, just a 232cc.......  

I have about 250 products I need to add to my web store and on top of all that, I have about 7 local scooters in the shop that all require some sort of repair.... 

I've been wanting to do some video's demonstrating NIBBI's carburetors... I really would like to do a video series with actual performance results...

I'm thinking I need to hire a helper or 2... :rofl2: 

Posted (edited)

1st:  Get Product in the Store, it costs money every minute it sits in inventory, I didn't know you had it and bought somewhere else.

2nd: Prioritize local customer scoots in for service and get them out the door.

3rd: Video's are doing you very well.

4rth: you know what to do, :ok:

Edited by pistonguy
1 person likes this

Posted

In some cases it sound like a great place to be in ,sounds business is great and booming. I bet many company's wish  they had your problem LOL

Posted

Agree with Piston, get the local out as fast as you can, then get that inventory posted up.

Those 50cc I would assembly line it, put them all in a row broken down then put each piece on at the same time, would limit your tool grabbing(finding, searching, who took my sh**), it will seem slow but when you are completely done they are all done.

Posted

In some cases it sound like a great place to be in ,sounds business is great and booming. I bet many company's wish  they had your problem LOL

Yeah, that is very true.... I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining.... It's more that I went out to the shop the other day and was like WTF, where to start.... Just feeling a tad bit overwhelmed... But I am grateful and feel lucky to have the gods of business on my side. 

One thing that kind of sucks for me is a regional thing.... Come this time of year, everyone gets out their riding toys and needs them all fixed at the same time.... The shop pretty much is void of customers in the winter and then come spring, they all come at once....

I'm currently taking a break... Got a scoot out there I can't get to stay running for anything.... It's very frustrating and had to just walk away for a minute....

Posted (edited)

So, that headache of a scooter is done.... Customer had removed the vacuum operated petcock and installed a manual one... 

Scoot kept dying and was acting like it was literally running out of gas.... Finally decided to check the manual petcock and sure as s-_-_t, the petcock valve was broke and tiurning the lever open only opened the thing a fraction of what it should be open to.... Replaced, now scoot runs like a million bucks.....

Moving on... Only 5 left.....

Edited by DMartin95

Posted

dd40bc78659b53aa7af65aedd4ea0b5b755aa125

Posted

So, today I run a compression test on a scoot that will not start.... very low PSI so I'm thinking rings need to be replaced. Call the customer and they literally blow up at me and accuse me of trying to charge them for services they don't need........ Now that I've diagnosed the scoot for them, they're on their way to pick it up and likely will want to argue about the charges they've incurred thus far.... I hate this aspect of the business.....Legally, I could keep the scoot until payment is made...

Posted

Oh boy I hate to hear this but No Surprise at all.

We can bench race share some Retail Customer stories. 

Its just a shame and chases Good Honest Service Away.

Back in my retail days I would go so the extra mile, service bend all the Warranty rules to the benefit of a customer but they saw a News Center Whatever story were the wrench screwed the customer so All service tech's were lying rip-off's, who spent all there time Not fixing but Figuring out how to Fleece customers of Whom He Feeds his family. Duuuuuuhhhhh!  this hits a tone with me.

It came to a point,....  I Service What I Sell and My Service Is One Way, The Correct Way or Go Away......., I'm Not Going to Hack a Job with My Name on it.

All I ever got from a hack job, save the customer money job was bad mouthing and Not getting Paid in the end with Blood Pressure on Top.

And Isn't it funny how they All know what's wrong and what it needs and how to fix it, what it costs but brought it to You to fix.?....  321 argue...and call News center whatever ......

I got to meet a old industry timer and as rookie wondered why this guy was prk,  like omg how can this guy sell anything being such a choa?  60 years of being Retail dumped on and he was Scrooge.  

Rant over 

Posted

Got out of repair business years ago just enjoying my own equipment My Raven Hybrid lawn mower, My 3 Zodiac's, SaturnL200 03 Saturn03 Vue, My V10 Ford Jamboree motor home 30 foot with slide out.   With all this to mantain don't need other peoples to work on the only other person I need to leason to is my wife of 46 years because it's cheaper to keep her LOL

Posted

So, today I run a compression test on a scoot that will not start.... very low PSI so I'm thinking rings need to be replaced. Call the customer and they literally blow up at me and accuse me of trying to charge them for services they don't need........ Now that I've diagnosed the scoot for them, they're on their way to pick it up and likely will want to argue about the charges they've incurred thus far.... I hate this aspect of the business.....Legally, I could keep the scoot until payment is made...

Man, I'm sorry to hear this. Bad mechanics make it hard for the good ones. This guy has probably heard one too many horror stories and doesn't trust mechanics at all but doesn't know enough about the GY6 engine to fix it himself. Don't take it personal. Give him his bill and refuse to do work for him anymore. He's gonna have a hard time finding a more reliable, knowledgeable scooter mechanic.

Posted

Here's some real icing to the cake... The customer didn't wind up showing up until a couple of days later, being very nice, polite and wound up asking me to do some other stuff to his scoot.... Acted as if he never called..... 

The rest of the job went smooth with no issues.... But it was so weird, almost like a split personality or something... 

Soon, I think I'm just going to put an end to offering scooter repair services..... Focus more on just internet sales and custom builds...  :thinking: