Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

The 232cc 18hp project

11 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm about to start an entirely new project ony Tao Tao Powermax 150. The upgrade will include the GY6-200 complete performance engine from scrappydogscooters.com, also I will be upgrading the head to the 4 valve, the 8200 series 66mm stroker crank, the top end water cooler, high quality performance variator with 12 gram sliders, an 11 pole stator, a high performance camshaft, a Nibbi racing carburetor, and a few other little details to be decided along the way. This is gonna be fun.And yes, I will supply many pictures of the entire build.

Posted

Ok, very cool:ok:

Lottsa pics

Posted

NICE!!!!! Can't wait to see it!!!!

Posted

It's gonna be a complete rebuild pretty much, I just got a raise at work, so, you know how we do it,lol

Posted

It's gonna be a complete rebuild pretty much, I just got a raise at work, so, you know how we do it,lol

I advise buying a block and a set of digital calipers. Measure twice, pay once. 

Always get dimensions before you buy.

Hope this helps! 

1 person likes this

Posted

Taida 232 4 valve from Martinmopeds is what I'm going for. Complete engine build with the proper bore for a 232. Taida has a B block better designed for the bigger bore and the complete engine package is got all of what I want.

Posted

Question for you Btakular.   So I'm getting Dan to build me a Taida 232cc.   I know that since I have opted to upgrade to an 11 pole stator, I need to change the rectifier as well. My question is, what rectifier do I pair with an 11 pole stator? Does it matter?   Also how can I identify what type of rectifier I have?  

Thanks,

Loski

Posted

Question for you Btakular.   So I'm getting Dan to build me a Taida 232cc.   I know that since I have opted to upgrade to an 11 pole stator, I need to change the rectifier as well. My question is, what rectifier do I pair with an 11 pole stator? Does it matter?   Also how can I identify what type of rectifier I have?  

Thanks,

Loski

honestly I'd go ahead and grab from Dan, no need searching when he has everything laid out for you already and wouldn't steer his customers wrong. As for which one you have currently how many wires does yours have?

Posted

I concur.

I'm a engine guy, not friends with Ready kilowatt. 

I leave that in the hands of a expert like Dan, I learned something and would have waste money on fake junk.

Here is the complete set-up Dan made for me.   Very nice I must say.

DSCN0937.JPG

Posted

I would totally go that route, however, i already have a gy6 in the ruckus with the wiring harness in place.  So ideally i'd like to use what I already have.

For the current stator and rectifier I'll have to take it apart and take a look, (I etapped the wires and the plugs) I don't remember.

I work12 hour shifts and go to school, so time isn't as readily available as I'd like it to be.  Next free day would be tues. 

Posted

Oh I gotcha. 

Nose to the grindstone:ok: