Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

scooter newb from cincinnati

26 posts in this topic

Posted

hey i bought a 2008 jonway gator 150, she is rough, i am fixing her, i like to tinker. she had a broken throttle cable and had been sitting since 2012, when i got her a few weeks ago, i cleaned the carb and changed the oil and the gas, bought a battery, she runs a lil but not right waiting on the ebay throttle cable, due tomorrow. then hopefully i can get her goin right.

also i pumped up the tires yesterday, and one of the valve stems broke, so i gotta go find a new stem tomorrow.

Posted

Great!!!!! Welcome aboard!!!!

Posted

hey i bought a 2008 jonway gator 150, she is rough, i am fixing her, i like to tinker. she had a broken throttle cable and had been sitting since 2012, when i got her a few weeks ago, i cleaned the carb and changed the oil and the gas, bought a battery, she runs a lil but not right waiting on the ebay throttle cable, due tomorrow. then hopefully i can get her goin right.

also i pumped up the tires yesterday, and one of the valve stems broke, so i gotta go find a new stem tomorrow.

Welcome to the forum! 

Sounds like an awesome project-scoot ya got going there.... Got any pics to share? 

Posted

welcome to forum.. your lucky the valve stem broke off now.. I had a valve stem break off while I was riding 45 MPH on a busy road in traffic.. swerved over the other side of the road and dumped the bike in traffic. messed my self up pretty good, but no broken bones.. just scrapes and bruises.. I suggest u get both of those valve stems replaced.. I'm willing too bet that the other one has cracks and weathering as both of mine did. this could save your life to do both before u go for a ride. better safe than sorry

Posted

welcome hoodbikenerd! 

Posted

Welcome there Cinci!

Fixer Upper restore projects are fun.

Some pretty sharp pearl round here to help if need be.

And post up Allot of pictures

:ok:

Posted

Welcome to the forum! 

Sounds like an awesome project-scoot ya got going there.... Got any pics to share? 

it says mdi on the trans and front, i dont know what that means...

IMG_20150101_052817.jpg

IMG_20150101_052744.jpg

IMG_20150101_052457.jpg

IMG_20150101_052527.jpg

IMG_20150101_052512.jpg

IMG_20150101_052548.jpg

that is most of her...

Welcome there Cinci!

Fixer Upper restore projects are fun.

Some pretty sharp pearl round here to help if need be.

And post up Allot of pictures

:ok:

ok, 17xx miles

IMG_20150101_052710.jpg

Posted

disk brakes and 13's, why i bought her.

IMG_20150101_052642.jpg

engine code

IMG_20150101_052736.jpg

IMG_20150101_052738.jpg

Posted

thats about it for now, the seat hinge was broke because the release cable seized, like the throttle cable, i broke the catch loop off, taking it apart, but she still sits good... 

Posted

welcome hoodbikenerd! 

thanks lowski

my homie just txt, my throttle cable came in, woop woop!

Posted

8$ ebay cable, 2x 6$ valve stems from the local name brand dealer. should i start a build thread?

IMG_20150101_081206.jpg

IMG_20150101_081237.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

Go ahead, we love seeing build threads, I need to get off my but and post my Nibbi build up.

Posted

oh yeah!!  build thread! build thread! build thread!

1 person likes this

Posted

just re did the carb, did not have it all the way in the intake, i put gasket maker between the lip in the intake and the lip on the carb, and tightened down, then gasket makered the seal to the block, and backed the fuel screw 3 tuens out from all the way in, and i turned the air screw up till i could see a lil light under the butterfly, lol fired her and she idles at 4k now wow, had to kill her as she tried to run away(no dual kick stand), so i propped he up n this ledge, and now i gotta turn her down lol sweet. 

Posted

welcome to forum

Posted

Nice. I love the hunter chassis. Kinda like mine but no rear disc brake. Lucky find.

1 person likes this

Posted

Nice. I love the hunter chassis. Kinda like mine but no rear disc brake. Lucky find.

hunter chassis? i dont know anything about it forreal, ware can i learn the model and such?

Posted

hunter or eagle style body is what ive seen it called. its my favorite look of em all.

Posted

yea everyone ive shown it to likes how it has a sport bike look

Posted

I like mine.

DSCN1241.JPG

1 person likes this

Posted

i think i want to paint my mirrors, wheels, and rack, grabber blue. but i got to get the bearings right first.

Posted

i think i want to paint my mirrors, wheels, and rack, grabber blue. but i got to get the bearings right first.

20160229_170908.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

i see you got that fan shroud... did you paint that front piece black?

20160229_170908.jpg

Posted

nah, its the color it came with.