Need whole set of body panels for 2009 gy6 150cc?!?!??!?!

14 posts in this topic

Posted

I need a whole set of body panels for my gy6 150! I can't find them anywhere!!! Someone please help me?!?!?!? 

Posted

What is the Make, Model and year of your scooter. 

I do not carry any plastics for scooters, but I know where to get it. 

Posted

It's a 2009 and to be honest I really don't know the make and model. I've been researching it and I believe it's a jonway, a guy on ur page has the exact same one. His profile name is geh3333

I bought it from a guy that works on them locally, I was trying to upload some pics but the site won't let me for some reason 

Posted

Whats ur email address I'll try to send them there if u don't mind. I really really want to fix up my scooter. Body wise and performance, I'm going to order a 172 or 180cc bore kit, hp carburetor.... i also gotta order a new battery, rim and tire and helmet. But as far as performance wise idk what else to get to make sure it reaches its full potential

Posted (edited)

I'm not sure of the manufacturer or model of Geh333's scooter... 

There are a bunch of manufacturer's like TaoTao, Jonway, BMS, etc etc... Usually, each year they all produce scooters that look alike and are actually clones of name brand models...  But here's the thing, they only look alike... But there are many subtle differences...  Just a couple of weeks ago I was trying to make scooter out of three, I thought the plastics were the same... I did not figure it out until I was trying to put it together. So, I advise caution, take the time to figure out the manufacturer and model of your scoot... You will save money in the long run by avoiding parts you can not use.... 

But here, I will get you started..... This link is to EagleATV, they supply plastics... The one that looks like your model is the 150cc racer. Click scooter and scroll down, select your model then select body....

How are you trying to attach/upload the image? 

Click "choose files" next to the paper clip. It will open a window and all you have to do from there is select your file.... I just verified the image uploader is working. 

Geh333_scooetr.jpg

Edited by DMartin95

Posted

Yea I realized that there is a lot of scooters that are like.mine, I actually wrote all of them down  its about 10 to 18... i tried uploading the images just as u told me too and it's not working on my end idk why.... do u know of any site or place where I could buy the panels all in a set?? Idc if there racing fairings either... 

Posted

The place I linked to does sell complete body panel sets but sometimes you have to call them....  

But take note, almost all of these places sell the black plastic separately... By black plastic, I'm talking the floorboard and glove box area... Here is a link to BMS's scooters, here's what a complete body panel set look like.... 

Something else to note, if you're looking for a bundled deal becauise you're buying it all together, you may want to shelve that idea... I have yet to find a cheap source for complete body panel sets...

I just now realized you're new to the forum, Welcome! :cheers: 

1 person likes this

Posted

I believe the make and model is a vento phantom r4i... everything seems to match to the T, so if u know where any panels are for cheap or a set of panels please lmk thanks 

Posted

I will keep an eye out. 

Posted

Thanks.

Posted

I found this site : roketta.com that have parts for a lot of different parts and panels in any color you want. Email pictures to roketta222@gmail.com to get right parts and price

1 person likes this

Posted

I'm not sure of the manufacturer or model of Geh333's scooter... 

There are a bunch of manufacturer's like TaoTao, Jonway, BMS, etc etc... Usually, each year they all produce scooters that look alike and are actually clones of name brand models...  But here's the thing, they only look alike... But there are many subtle differences...  Just a couple of weeks ago I was trying to make scooter out of three, I thought the plastics were the same... I did not figure it out until I was trying to put it together. So, I advise caution, take the time to figure out the manufacturer and model of your scoot... You will save money in the long run by avoiding parts you can not use.... 

But here, I will get you started..... This link is to EagleATV, they supply plastics... The one that looks like your model is the 150cc racer. Click scooter and scroll down, select your model then select body....

How are you trying to attach/upload the image? 

Click "choose files" next to the paper clip. It will open a window and all you have to do from there is select your file.... I just verified the image uploader is working. 

Geh333_scooetr.jpg

love their description of a disk brake: "When brakes are applied, the brake pads squeeze against this part."

Posted

You can try to repair your plastics. Find a plastic weld that can be sanded. 8 have repaired all of my plastic to like like brand new after some paint or vinyl wrap. Even the tabs or screw holes can be refilled drilled and rethreaded.

Posted

Get rid of the plastics, I have spent a little fortune on plastics, they keep braking and fading in a matter of days, mine is naked now and will stay that way.

:babydance: