Nibbi intake review

18 posts in this topic

Posted

14726286090781549206273.jpg

14726286821581670725190.jpg

14726287676851033648101.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

A quick review about some nibbi products that I purchased from www.martinmopeds.com 

1st I will say that the service was great. I ordered my package and I received tracking info that same day. Couple days later I had a package in my hand. Very fast shipping indeed. 

Then the fun began opening the boxes and to find some Nibbi stickers to compliment it all.

Instalation was a breeze with the rubber fittings on the intake manifold and filter. Simply bolt down the very cool looking manifold and use the included clamps to secure to the carburetor. Same easy process for the filter.

These parts are a very good quality along with a great look. The manifold come with a choice of red or green. I found that red matched my set up just perfectly. 

I also had purchase the Nibbi PE 28mm round slide carburetor a while back. I have had great success with this product. Quality manufacturing and clean cosmetic design. 

With my current set up I have noticed a very crisp throttle response. Properly tuned this package was a great upgrade to my scooter and I highly recommend checking these bad boys out. The price is also a definite attention grabber... 

Edited by bubsoxs
3 people like this

Posted

Cool Bubsoxs. nice review. Im gonna definetely look into buying one. Thx mate

Posted

Cool Bubsoxs. nice review. Im gonna definetely look into buying one. Thx mate

Here's some beauty shots of the intake. 

NIBBI_Black_Intake_Manifold_01.jpg

NIBBI_Black_Intake_Manifold_02.jpg

NIBBI_Black_Intake_Manifold_03.jpg

NIBBI_Black_Intake_Manifold_04.jpg

NIBBI_Black_Intake_Manifold_05.jpg

NIBBI_Black_Intake_Manifold_06.jpg

NIBBI_Black_Intake_Manifold_07.jpg

Posted

Well thats sexy

Posted

I like that intake and since my stock intake is getting old and I'm thinking about upgrading my carb this might work. I have a question though. My current intake has two prots one going to the carb and the other running to my petcock. What would I need to do here?

Posted

I believe the second one is only for emissions and not needed. it's been so long since I ripped all that extra stuff out I forget where the second nipple went? I can check my stock bike if you need me to? I'd go with a slide carb but that's been my preference since I got my hands on my 1st one. it's a much better throttle response in my opinion. if you do u will need a new throttle cable because they are different. Dan has a complete kit available in Nibbi section. either way if you get a cvk or slide carb you can see in my pic above that I have a gas line coming in from the petcock and then a vacuum line from the single manifold nipple to the petcock. that's all u need. the rest u can ditch. cleans up all that useless problematic mess in my opinion. 

wait there is another vacuum line in the CVK carbs.. can that be clamped off? on my stock bike it's tee'd to the petcock vacuum line. but still the second nipple all seems to lead to emissions stuff. 

my opinion is if ya going with a bigger cylinder and head.. get a slide carb. 26mm PE nibbi I would say.. but ill let the carb tech pro's finish this off. carb tuning is not my thing but I think I'm getting the hang of it.

just remember if ya do go with a slide carb they need a different cable and they seem to run about a size smaller than a cvk (an upgrade to a 28mm cvk would be like a 26mm pe or pkw) and I bet Dan will suggest an O2 sensor for tuning.

Posted

I checked my stock intake manifold today. The second nipple isn't open. It's just a, I don't know what the deal with it is. It's just a dummy nipple.

Posted (edited)

I think this Intake will have clearance issues with a CV carb.  it does with mine.

The Bottom of the Float bowl interferes with the top of the engine.

The issue is with both my stock 24mm CV and Scrappy 26mm CV.

I have a Fortune in Intakes  and All of the have clearance issues with the the top of the engine.

None of the suppliers really states what does and doesn't fit.

Take your pick none fit

DSCN1369.JPG

DSCN1370.JPG

Edited by pistonguy
1 person likes this

Posted

K guys I have a tao tao quantum tour 2014 I have a nibbi 26 and I ha w the nibbi intake tube they sell I have tried everything I can think of but I can not get this intake manifold after three different ones to fit its either the tube hits the mount or the starter or the carb hits the mouth t or is to high to where I can't put the tube on I have ordered am adjustable intake manifold tried to do it from t mount and turn it to the side and didn't work so I see these pictures and I'm like why can't mine look like this so can you please send me a link to that intake manifold cause I guess the one nibbi sent me isn't the right one or I dobt know what to do but I have torn this thing down and put well over 500 in extras and it's sitting in my garage and it still has less than 300 on her so please help

Posted

K guys I have a tao tao quantum tour 2014 I have a nibbi 26 and I ha w the nibbi intake tube they sell I have tried everything I can think of but I can not get this intake manifold after three different ones to fit its either the tube hits the mount or the starter or the carb hits the mouth t or is to high to where I can't put the tube on I have ordered am adjustable intake manifold tried to do it from t mount and turn it to the side and didn't work so I see these pictures and I'm like why can't mine look like this so can you please send me a link to that intake manifold cause I guess the one nibbi sent me isn't the right one or I dobt know what to do but I have torn this thing down and put well over 500 in extras and it's sitting in my garage and it still has less than 300 on her so please help

Ive run into the same frustrating problem.

But can ya please take and post up a couple pictures so we can maybe see a solution..

Posted

here is my set up but I only have put on the carb to see if it would start after the repair I have made and when u did try to start it it ran for about five secs before I notices there was gas spitting g out if my intake manifold where the gasket is between the head and manifold. So I stopped thank you for your reply I have been having some problems getting my carb and intake tube that is also nibbi to fit and that's why I went with that angled intake manifold but it still wo t fit so I guess in stuck with just putting a filter on my carb I just replaced my starter clutch cause it went bad with all the starting I have been doing with this new carb this thing has been a nightmare and it still isn't running but I also replaced the oil pump and gasket as well as my starter clutch springs to the yellow ones and I have also done my exhaust as shown and I need a hanger if you have a link for one I also git the header online it was black but I painted it I did a valve adjustment as well as new variator and rollers so I need to get this carb thing fixed so I can get her Hoi g. Do you know why I would be spitting g gas into my intake manifold like that i am running a 40 slow jet and a 120 main with my needle to the second to last position all the way down on my needle so any kind if as vice would be great from anyone thanks 20180313_015031.thumb.jpg.b173d761bad35320180313_015037.thumb.jpg.a928ec4791cb81here my exhaust but I need some kind of a hangar for it cause it's just on the exhaust studs from the head so it needs a strap cayse the one that came with it doesn't line up or fit. Thanks for any input 

Posted

Here this vendor has some universal clamps that will work for ya.

stscex

Posted

Here's some beauty shots of the intake. 

NIBBI_Black_Intake_Manifold_01.jpg

NIBBI_Black_Intake_Manifold_02.jpg

NIBBI_Black_Intake_Manifold_03.jpg

NIBBI_Black_Intake_Manifold_04.jpg

NIBBI_Black_Intake_Manifold_05.jpg

NIBBI_Black_Intake_Manifold_06.jpg

NIBBI_Black_Intake_Manifold_07.jpg

Do you have a link n or any n of these directories sake on your site

Posted

Thank yiu pistonguy

Posted (edited)

I had dreams of trying this to increase velocity.

I will have a looksee at clocking out the front once I get back home

DSCN1083.jpg

Edited by pistonguy

Posted

Are you still going to use the shot of juice, or are you going a differant direction now, curious minds need to know hahahaha

Posted (edited)

Are you still going to use the shot of juice, or are you going a differant direction now, curious minds need to know hahahaha

Oh no we will stay with the Juice. Im going to play with my dry shot and will move to a wet system down the road..

I need to get with the vendor on larger nozzle sizes but first going to have a proper braided line made and a fire extinguisher as I expect to have a intake backfire that will most likely knock the carb and fuel line off.. should be fun..

DSCN1526.jpg

Edited by pistonguy
1 person likes this