Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

How to remove the kick-starter gear for a GY6 150cc

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey gang,

This is a thread demonstrating the tool used for removal of that pesky kick start gear on the GY6 150cc. 

01_GY6_kick_start_gear_removal_tool.thum02_GY6_kick_start_gear_removal_tool.thum03_GY6_kick_start_gear_removal_tool.thum04_GY6_kick_start_gear_removal_tool.thum

Insert #1 onto crankshaft - slide down flush with gear

05_GY6_kick_start_gear_removal_tool.thum

Put #2 on #1 and gear to secure #1 in place

06_GY6_kick_start_gear_removal_tool.thumRepeat with #3

07_GY6_kick_start_gear_removal_tool.thum

Slide #4 over #2 & #3 to "lock it" all together.

08_GY6_kick_start_gear_removal_tool.thum

Screw the little shaft into the side of #1 to hold it in place then turn the threaded shaft clockwise - As you do, it will remove the kick start gear...

*note - Very similar to the process of removing the GY6 flywheel. 

09_GY6_kick_start_gear_removal_tool.thum 

2 people like this

Posted

and so how much is this beautiful tool? and how do I get one?

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

By sending me a PM.  :ok:    

Edited by DMartin95

Posted

Money well spent.. made my money back in 1 crank shaft oil seal job for a local scooter club guy.

Love it...hydraulic press and I have all the tools I need to open a full scooter shop...

Posted

WHERE DID YOU PURCHASE THE CRANKSHAFT KICK STARTER DRIVE GEAR PULLER FROM AND HOW MUCH WAS IT AND WHO AND WHERE FROM PLEASE BE SPECIFIC I AM IN NEED OF THIS PULLER EMAIL ME AT WILBURNMCHONE@GMAIL.COM PLEASE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE THANKS

Posted

Hey gang,

This is a thread demonstrating the tool used for removal of that pesky kick start gear on the GY6 150cc. 

01_GY6_kick_start_gear_removal_tool.thum02_GY6_kick_start_gear_removal_tool.thum03_GY6_kick_start_gear_removal_tool.thum04_GY6_kick_start_gear_removal_tool.thum

Insert #1 onto crankshaft - slide down flush with gear

05_GY6_kick_start_gear_removal_tool.thum

Put #2 on #1 and gear to secure #1 in place

06_GY6_kick_start_gear_removal_tool.thumRepeat with #3

07_GY6_kick_start_gear_removal_tool.thum

Slide #4 over #2 & #3 to "lock it" all together.

08_GY6_kick_start_gear_removal_tool.thum

Screw the little shaft into the side of #1 to hold it in place then turn the threaded shaft clockwise - As you do, it will remove the kick start gear...

*note - Very similar to the process of removing the GY6 flywheel. 

09_GY6_kick_start_gear_removal_tool.thum 

WHERE CAN I PURCHASE THIS PULLER FOR A 150.cc kick starter drive gear that is pressed onto the crankshaft I have purchased three PULLERS waste of money being on a fixed income I need to purchase the right PULLER the first time INSTEAD OF wasting money I need this puller could someone tell me where and how I can purchase this puller please I would greatly appreciate it a lot please email wilburnmchone@gmail.com or call at 828-581-0017 PLEASE LET ME KNOW SOON THANKS

Posted

WHERE CAN I PURCHASE THIS PULLER FOR MY TAOTAO PALIDEN 150.CC SCOOTER PLEASE LET ME KNOW SOON IT WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED ALOT

WHERE CAN I PURCHASE THIS PULLER FOR MY TAOTAO PALIDEN 150.cc SCOOTER PLEASE SOMEONE EMAIL ME AT WILBURNMCHONE@GMAIL.COM OR CALL ME AT 1-828-581-0017 PLEASE.

Posted (edited)

and so how much is this beautiful tool? and how do I get one?

WHERE CAN I PURCHASE THIS KICK STARTER DRIVE GEAR PULLER TOOL FROM PLEASE SOMEONE HELP. EMAIL WILBURNMCHONE@GMAIL.COM OR CALL AT TOLL-FREE 1-828-581-0017 PLEASE I WOULD GREATLY APPRECIATE IT ALOT I NEED THE HELP.

Edited by WILBURN MCHONE

Posted

WHERE DID YOU PURCHASE THE CRANKSHAFT KICK STARTER DRIVE GEAR PULLER FROM AND HOW MUCH WAS IT AND WHO AND WHERE FROM PLEASE BE SPECIFIC I AM IN NEED OF THIS PULLER EMAIL ME AT WILBURNMCHONE@GMAIL.COM PLEASE AS SOON AS POSSIBLE THANKS

I bought mine directly thru Dan. He is dealing with a family emergency so he will be online here and there checking messages so be patient.   His store is closed for a couple more days as well. Hope this helps as he will be back shortly

Posted

To purchase this tool, visit this LINK

Posted

Do you have any start gear removal tool available?