CPI Oliver 125 Mods

281 posts in this topic

Posted

:rofl:

Thats some funny snit right there...

True talk man, especially if I pour a glass of scoth and walk outside to have a drink with the scooter, then shes really pissed, lol. 

The scoot is running great, I have to go up one size on the idle jet, I'm about 3/4 turn out on the air screw

Posted

Hey guys I've been doing some routine runs with the scoot for the past few weeks, runs like a charm. Lost the speedometer cable on the way to work one morning, don't think it liked going past 95km. It literally torqued itself apart. 

I had a friend at a machine shop turn down my Nibbi variator for me so I can run it with my kick starter. When I checked the ware marks, I'm still within the belt limit, just within it. But I like having the reliability of my kick starter. Have been only using it since back on the road, added a capacitor so I can use my horn.

Anyways they are raising the speed limit to 100km on the highways soon, so me needs more speeds, more reliably without overrevving the engine. I can pull 105-110 with the engine at full tilt with 1/4 oil in her. 

Back to the drawing board to better gearing, tomorrow (well later today lol) I'll be trying to piece together this jigsaw of sprocket and chains in the case. Will get some pics as I go along and keep you all updated. The machine shop screwed up on the measurements so I need to fix it myself. I need to get my hands on a lathe. 

Anyone know if I can trust a Harbor Freight mini lathe? 

Posted

IMG_2739.gif

file2-1.gif

Ohh i acn finally upload pics again, had to convert them to gif. format. 

So basically thats the exhaust I'm using for the while and the chain and sprockets is my attempt at gearing, still have to test fit into the case and see if it will be happy. 

Posted

Pipe looks good, don't know nothing about the chain gearing, only on motorcycles, front rear sprocket changes, 1 gear on the front is close to adding or suptracting 3 on the rear, but that's drive sprocket to rear wheel sprocket. 

Posted

So good joke for you all, at least we can have a laugh, in my rush to get a solution, I overlooked the simplest of things. Drive from an input gear will cause the opposite rotation of the output gear. LMAO I made a high speed reverse, live and learn I say. 

I was thinking about doing a manual clutch for the bike and I can control the gearing via sprockets. I am thinking of retrofitting the 3D Motorsports Manual clutch for our application. the design is pretty simple and I should be able to modify a few parts to get it to fit out needs. For now it's just a thought but I have to get one anyway for an upcoming project.

Posted

Last week I pulled up in work and left a pool of gear oil, I thought it was the seal leaking, turned out to be a crack in the case cover. Changed it out for another, I also had to transfer one of the bearings across from the cracked case, nothing a propane torch couldnt handle. back up and running. Its times like these I realize how much I like to wrench cause i know a lot of people would throw this thing in the trash where it belongs lol.

file.gif

file1.gif

1 person likes this