Kick start gear puller

5 posts in this topic

Posted

looking to find where I can purchase the kick start gear puller I saw? Where can I get one and how much lol? This gear doesn't want to come off to change the crank case seal. 

I have purchased a decompression tube from NCY to try and help with this oil leak, anyone on here have any experience with using this product?

Posted

HI Joe, 

Welcome to the forum! I'm not sure if I have any of these in stock.... I will be able to give ya an answer tomorrow.....

If you have a leak, a decompression tube will do nothing for you. You need to find whatever seal or gasket is leaking.... If you're engine has an excess crankcase pressure with oil spewing out, you likely need new piston rings.

An oil decompression tube is only used for one thing (an alternative to the air filter box). ON most stock bikes/scoots, the crank vent is routed to the air filter box.... The only thing that should ever come out of this is a very light oil vapor/mist.... More than likely, will not even accumulate on your finger unless you leave your finger there for a very long time.... This oil vapor is perfectly fine to vent on the air filter and actually, is beneficial....

I'm afraid to say, if you're leaking oil, your engine likely needs to be serviced to be fixed. 

Posted

Ok thank you, will look into the piston rings if the new crankshaft seal doesn't stop oil leak. Would appreciate it if ya still have pullers in stock or where I can order one.

Posted

Ok thank you, will look into the piston rings if the new crankshaft seal doesn't stop oil leak. Would appreciate it if ya still have pullers in stock or where I can order one.

I looked and I do not have any in stock...Sorry. 

Posted

I had oil pissing out of my dipstick hole when my engine breather tube became blocked.

Harbor freight or amazon. They fit tight as hell and you wont be able to do tje whole nut and bolt thing. I used an impact and just the bolts through the openings and a giant set of channel locks to hold the 2 puller posts together. I did the job quick but scared the crap out of me when it let go. The crap part is getting it back on the crank without stripping the threading in the crank. I had to pick up an Irwin die (M12x1.25) to fix that crap.