Phantom 232cc 4 valve liquid cooled fuel injected and stretched

300 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I thought that vendor was in Puerto Rico also but I see they are in Shelby NC about 2 hours from me.

I may see if I can will call some product and check them out...

Are you using a Stock axle length on that Wheel and Disc setup? or?

I know yours is stretched but what is your length on that rear brake line? I can have my vendor here Randleman make me one.

Edited by pistonguy

Posted

Whacha doing Piston, did you give up on the shot of juice , let's get some picks and builds going here, I'm just riding around in the sunshine drinking Scotch, another month and I have to head home to the cold, let's get her going.

Posted

I thought that vendor was in Puerto Rico also but I see they are in Shelby NC about 2 hours from me.

I may see if I can will call some product and check them out...

Are you using a Stock axle length on that Wheel and Disc setup? or?

I know yours is stretched but what is your length on that rear brake line? I can have my vendor here Randleman make me one.

Yes axle is stock. Caliper is stock. And you would need stock length for the brake line. I forget what I got for lengthy on my line.. 

http://www.partsforscooters.com/100-220-Rear-Hydraulic-Brake-Line

That should be the length you want for Vento sport style

Posted

You will also need to make a brake light cable. And there are tons of decent master cylinders all over eBay for a chill look.  

The calipers I got was a stock style in chrome for like 20$ in think... easy swap if you stay stock rotor.. or don't get unlucky (like I did 1 out of 2) for the larger rotors. I seriously think that I got one that was machined backwards.. still never figured that out after 2 attempts I just had it made. I really am happy that I did get it made because I love the look and stopping power of front and rear over sized rotors. 

If you really wanna go crazy but 10 inch wheels Cory from fukingfast had double disc set ups.

Screenshot_20180225-002817.png

don't endover your handle bar with this lol

Posted

151954388319673317886.jpg

1519543941853351788244.jpg

Or are you having randleman make me a brake line? Lol 

Wait.. you guys are enticing me to finish the build... that's what this is all about huh?

Lol.. 

I just finished my final exam today. And I'm leaving engineering classes alone for at least 2 months. I'm burnt out. It's really intense. 

Posted

6 months of back to back difficult work. I'm making a Zelda clone game.

40183.mp4

Posted

Ok cool thanks Bub's

Looks like not to much to put this all together.

Sourcing a 13" Wheel for the Disc is beginning to be a challenge.. Scrappy has one but mentions using a Long Axle so I am unsure if my axle will fit..

Posted

Whacha doing Piston, did you give up on the shot of juice , let's get some picks and builds going here, I'm just riding around in the sunshine drinking Scotch, another month and I have to head home to the cold, let's get her going.

The on going saga of life. I move south to get away from the Winter and now going into a second winter of spending a couple months of it in the Snow belt of North East Ohio. Mother had a knee replacement a month ago and is still i a rehab facility. she's wusen the recovery and needs to get it in gear.

On my latest road warrior trip up here thru the Smokey mountains to get to her I severely cut my trigger finger. the saga deserves a thread of it own..

This time of year I turn my attentions to I will say very amateur Mauser builds, only the pre Nazi Spanish variants in original 7x57mm Mauser.

I have a few 1916's Spanish based on 93 actions and a pristine 95 Chilean, I built them into Scout rifles..

These were all manufactured in Berlin by Ludwig Lowe,   Ludwig Lowe was Jewish... 

Oh heck no I didn't give up on the juice, I need to have the supplier make me a couple sizes up in the Orifice. Juice it till she Blows the intake off will be the limit, In the future I will go with a for real wet system and get serious about it..

Posted

My wife has a 243 with the 98 action, works real nice, the only German stuff I have is a 1st and 2nd world War German luger's in 9 mil. My Dad brought them back from WW2. Ya no snow  in AZ bud, but at home we had 67 inches in just under 2 weeks. That rear disc setup looks great, and it's your color .

Posted (edited)

My wife has a 243 with the 98 action, works real nice, the only German stuff I have is a 1st and 2nd world War German luger's in 9 mil. My Dad brought them back from WW2. Ya no snow  in AZ bud, but at home we had 67 inches in just under 2 weeks. That rear disc setup looks great, and it's your color .

Torque and Recoil go hand in hand my friend..

.243, nice, lower recoil and a nice flat trajectory.

I have one more  1916 action Im thinking of doing a re-barrel to a .257 Bob.

Edited by pistonguy

Posted

This is the swing arm dealer.  I went with carbon fiber graphic.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F183076843518

Also make sure the rim will fit over the drum brake set up. If all is good there it's an easy swap. Coukd even fab a foot peddle and use drum as an Ebrake? Just a thought...

I contacted these Squirrels to see if I could purchase a Rear Only Chrome Wheel for the Disc brake setup.

Village idiot who sees the product tell me "You don't want to install rear disc brake because its dangerous" Huh? Idiot asks me with a rear disc setup were is all your braking? Thats a NO Brainer the Front. Oh he says no its the rear, Scooter people only use the rear brake. Now idiot boy in Shelby NC has just insulted a Pro.

I don't even know what its like to use the rear brake on my CBR or KX....

I then indicate to idiot boy ALL the rear Drums are out of round and I have NO rear brake. TAKE MY MONEY IDIOT!!!!

Then idiot boy states the rear bolts loosen up on the Rotor and back out into the caliper, Uh ya use the Proper Loctite.. 

It just amazes me that Im doing everything I can to give him MONEY and he's chasing me away...

Posted

My golfing term I use for that is, you can fix a slice ,ya just can't fix stupid. Hope he wasn't the boss or shop owner he won't be in business long. Oh ya I'll take your money if ya really want to give some away hahahaha

Posted

Is she for sale yet?...:poke:

C'mon Bubs..

Posted

Ya Bubs what the hell is going on, we miss  your input man, been a while.

Posted

Yeah just got back home. Went to see my father in hospice and he passed away while I was in flight. Meanwhile my wife is in the hospital. So things been crazy.. 

Posted

Yeah just got back home. Went to see my father in hospice and he passed away while I was in flight. Meanwhile my wife is in the hospital. So things been crazy.. 

Double whammy. My heart goes out to you. Lost my dad a few years back while I was traveling on business. There is never a good time.

M

Posted

Ya jeez Bubs so sorry, 

Posted

down-in-flames.jpg

Posted

Try again Piston that JPG.  Didn't work.

Posted

Hey guys! I'm still around. Just been trying to keep the roof over our heads since wife is not working.. I need to find a welder that can mount up this gas tank.. then I can finish her...

1 person likes this

Posted

Hey buddy, great to see your around, was wondering how you were doing.

Posted

Hey guys! I'm still around. Just been trying to keep the roof over our heads since wife is not working.. I need to find a welder that can mount up this gas tank.. then I can finish her...

C'mon lets get going..busta move..

Posted

20171016_235112.jpg

20171016_235157_001.jpg

Under seat cover took some dremmle to fit.  I don't think any thing I have installed just fit easily.  No 2 scoots are alike! 

plus I had to make a spot for the cross bar to fit into. 

Permanent boner look. :P

Posted

Permanent boner look. :P

Priceless Michael!!

Posted

Hey Bubs, make a game like war robots, I'm addicted to that one hahahaha