Jiajue Zuma Clone (a.k.a "JayZee")

215 posts in this topic

Posted

Man all the years I've rode bikes and never tried a garden hose for grips, I always carried about 4 ft of hose but never for grips, made getting gas a lot cheaper hahahah

1 person likes this

Posted

Man all the years I've rode bikes and never tried a garden hose for grips, I always carried about 4 ft of hose but never for grips, made getting gas a lot cheaper hahahah

:rofl:

Shoot boy and I thought u ol fossils knew all this Southern Engineering..

Posted

I always had a young thing on the back of  my old 58 Panhead,  she could suck a golf ball thru a garden hose, man could she syphon gas hahahaha us Northern boys had a few tricks up our sleeves. 

Posted

So some good news: I finally got around to installing the KNMparts DR3 variator using a combination of 10g and 14g weights. While driving around it is very smooth and frankly not noticeable. However, when I compare the results against my favorite hill test I'm now doing 50mph whereas before I could only achieve 45mph at the same marker. I have not attempted a "top speed" test yet as that was never high on my list. But staying with traffic up hills was the key thing I was after and I can now confidently state that I am quite pleased with the result. 

Michael

Posted

And in other news, I threw out my cheap Chinese bags and installed a proper GIVI top case and side case system. Much nicer than what I had before. 

IMG_5790.jpg

Posted

and the final layout of my custom Headlight/Horn/Fog/AuxPower system:

IMG_5787.jpg

Posted

Oh, the $15 eBay windscreen is a big improvement over the puny PUIG windscreen. I simply reused the PUIG mounts and carefully drilled some 7/16" holes into the windscreen to accept the PUIG hardware. I'm a happy camper. As a side note, I will probably add a rubber isolation mount at the bottom to reduce the windscreen vibration a touch.

IMG_5791.jpg

(forgive the pollen -- it is coating everything these past few days)

1 person likes this

Posted

I just installed  3oz of Counteract Balancing Beads in my rear tire. Took about ten minutes total. The ride is now smooth as glass. I really wasn't expecting such an improvement but I'm a believer now. I will install 2oz of Counteract in my front tire when the yellow paint is cured and I mount my new tire on it. 

M

Posted

Do you get a fair amount of wind under that screen it looks like it's fairly high up, my Givi is up a bit and I get a little under, but perfect over the top, looking at all that wiring I'm thinking your going to need a full size 12 volt car battery soon, sure looks good though, I like what you've done.

1 person likes this

Posted

Do you get a fair amount of wind under that screen it looks like it's fairly high up, my Givi is up a bit and I get a little under, but perfect over the top, looking at all that wiring I'm thinking your going to need a full size 12 volt car battery soon, sure looks good though, I like what you've done.

I certainly can see over the windscreen by several inches. Near as I can tell it is about perfect for my height. 

The wiring may be waterproof/heavy duty, but the loads are modest. So my LifePO4 battery will be more than enough for the foreseeable future.

M

Posted

Showing before/after handguards (on the left is the new, on the right is the stock that came with the bike). I went with Acerbis simply because of the Italian quality vs. the el cheapo handguards that came with my Zuma clone. Not only do these offer much more coverage, but with the addition of a heavy-duty aluminum guard, offer real protection. Neat that they fit my scooter! (I was expecting lots of customizing)

M

IMG_5797.jpg

Posted

Oh, I did have to create a custom "L bracket" to mount the turn signal. 

Posted

I just installed  3oz of Counteract Balancing Beads in my rear tire. Took about ten minutes total. The ride is now smooth as glass. I really wasn't expecting such an improvement but I'm a believer now. I will install 2oz of Counteract in my front tire when the yellow paint is cured and I mount my new tire on it. 

M

Yes sir I have the beads in my Scooter Michelin's and Bridgestone Battle-ax on the CBR.

I think its a winning product!

1 person likes this

Posted

My Wheel should be on by end of week.

Im on my second Out of Round rear wheel and Im done with no rear brakes..

IMG_1495.jpg

Quick question: I'm installing my rear caliper and I need to add a washer as a spacer between the arm and the caliper in order to center the caliper on the disk. Is that what you had to do? Or does your rear caliper mount flush to the rear swingarm?

Michael

Posted

I had to use a "Shim" (washer). between the caliper and swingarm